HKPRO Forums banner

Meetups around Austin, TX?

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Red Pill 
#1 ·
Hey y’all. New to the forum. I bought a registered sear this week (NFA jail will have it for a year or more of course). Have a Dakota Tactical D54RN and recently ordered a DT MP5SD. I’m looking for other host guns in 556.
Anyway, I was wondering if there is anybody in the Austin, TX area knowledgeable in Sears and host guns that could meet up and walk me through parts I should have. Things I should watch for etc. I’ll buy lunch!

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
5 posts I believe...

I’m still looking for a good place to shoot myself. Something outdoors and private would be ideal. I need to start making friends with a landowner...

For publicly available options, I think Red’s in Pflugerville is pretty no-hassle. “The Range” off 35 on the south end of town also allows autos but I’m not crazy about all the membership stuff.

#7 ·
I goto Lonestar Range & Academy in Florence (outdoor range) - renting out the private training bay has been good for practicing SP5 reloads, holster drawing, 2 gun etc.

If you're in North Austin like me it's only about 30 minutes away.

#8 ·
Congrats on the HK sear purchase.

I am in Austin and happy to chat about HK Sears and/or the HK machinegun family as well as answer any questions you may have based off what knowledge I have picked up over the years.

I have been collecting machineguns for 20ish years and have three HK sears. For German HK sear hosts I have the MP5K, MP5K-N, MP5, MP5SD, 53, 33K, 33, G3K, G3 and a 21E/23E built off a donor G3 registered machinegun receiver.

I also have a bunch of US clones of the factory HK models above as well as a hosts HK never formally made like the MP5-RS, 51, 52, 32K, 32, and a 21EK/23EK.

Most of my local shooting is done at private members only range up in Georgetown called the Firing Line. The Firing Line is one of only a handful of ranges in the Austin area that still allows full auto shooting. I usually meet up with other local machinegun owners every month or two to shoot in one of the tactical bays.

I believe there is currently a waiting list to join but contact Guns Plus in Georgetown to inquire about current availability and/or get on the waitlist for 2022 when spots open up at the end of the year. It runs about $450ish a year to join but you get unlimited access to the traditional rifle and pistol ranges as well as the multiple tactical bays.

I am currently out of town and won't be back for a few weeks but feel free to send me an email to (jbntex) at texas dot net if you want to try and meet up sometime in mid August to chat once I get back in town.

#9 ·
Congrats on the HK sear purchase.

I am in Austin and happy to chat about HK Sears and/or the HK machinegun family as well as answer any questions you may have based off what knowledge I have picked up over the years.

I have been collecting machineguns for 20ish years and have three HK sears. For German HK sear hosts I have the MP5K, MP5K-N, MP5, MP5SD, 53, 33K, 33, G3K, G3 and a 21E/23E built off a donor G3 registered machinegun receiver.

I also have a bunch of US clones of the factory HK models above as well as a hosts HK never formally made like the MP5-RS, 51, 52, 32K, 32, and a 21EK/23EK.

Most of my local shooting is done at private members only range up in Georgetown called the Firing Line. The Firing Line is one of only a handful of ranges in the Austin area that still allows full auto shooting. I usually meet up with other local machinegun owners every month or two to shoot in one of the tactical bays.

I believe there is currently a waiting list to join but contact Guns Plus in Georgetown to inquire about current availability and/or get on the waitlist for 2022 when spots open up at the end of the year. It runs about $450ish a year to join but you get unlimited access to the traditional rifle and pistol ranges as well as the multiple tactical bays.

I am currently out of town and won't be back for a few weeks but feel free to send me an email to (jbntex) at texas dot net if you want to try and meet up sometime in mid August to chat once I get back in town.
wow. I will definitely reach out. I do most of my shooting at a family 50 acre ”ranch” in Fischer (outside of Wimberley). I’ll look into the Guns Plus range. I’m in Dripping Springs so Georgetown feels like it’s in the opposite side of the world but for a chance to talk auto I’d pay that piper :) I’ll send you an email.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.