HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Turkish armed forces will be replacing their aging G3s, with what seems to be HK-416 but its called Mehmetçik-1 and apparently no license has been purchased.

Heres some Photos:

They've also made an G33 with G36 optics/carry handle.

·
HKPro Professional
732 Posts
Anyone else think the giant bolt action sitting on the table looks like something that could be of the HK breed? Note the white and red symbols on the receiver.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Nice so the US is even further behind with it's small arms then I thought we were.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got this from another forum

'presentation guy' noted;

1- The rifle won't require maintenance.
2- 500 m effective range
3- 3.6 kg weight
4- 20,000 rounds barrel life

Basically has the same features as the Hk-416.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah. But what's up with the M203 style grip on the bottom on the receiver?
I believe that's the XM320 40 mm grenade launcher. Side loading and able to handle longer sized rounds. The unit can be attached to the HK416 without an amorer and used as a stand-alone weapon, as opposed to the M203.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Glad to know the rest of the world's millitarys will be better equiped then the US millitary.....

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,613 Posts
I believe that's the XM320 40 mm grenade launcher. Side loading and able to handle longer sized rounds. The unit can be attached to the HK416 without an amorer and used as a stand-alone weapon, as opposed to the M203.
No, he's referring to the 203 looking forend on the bolt action sniper rifle.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Look for a Charles Daly 416 import knock off soon...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Could the target rifle in the back be an update ver. of a PSG90?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I agree about that HK416 in 6.8mm!!

I agree about that HK416 in the 6.8mm!! You get a high-grade rifle/carbine in a better general issue caliber like the 6.8mm and then we'd be well equipped indeed.

My brother told me he talked to a Vet who came back from Iraq and the 7.62X39mm AK47's were just hammering away any cover like brick walls our guys are hiding behind! The 6.8mm would even things up. It's a far better general issue round.;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts