HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there somewhere on the forum that I could lookup a member. I posted a wtb ad and someone contacted me with the item I'm seeking. He's out of state and gave me a woman's name to send a money order to for payment. Not sure if that is suspect or not but before I send thousands of dollars to someone I don't know out of state I d looks to do a little research on "Rideboy1"

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,931 Posts
Is there somewhere on the forum that I could lookup a member. I posted a wtb ad and someone contacted me with the item I'm seeking. He's out of state and gave me a woman's name to send a money order to for payment. Not sure if that is suspect or not but before I send thousands of dollars to someone I don't know out of state I d looks to do a little research on "Rideboy1"
I dont even see a profile for rideboy1 I would def proceed w/caution

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I sent an email today asking for some references but I've got an uneasy feeling about this. I was told by the seller that he saw my WTB on Sturmgewehr but there is no Riderboy1 profile there either.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can't find his username info on this forum or any other forum where I placed a WTB HK 91 post. His english in our emails is a little "off". And most concerning is he asked me to send a money order for the rifle to a woman's name and I can't imagine the owner of this rifle is female. I've asked for his FFL # and a link to his user profile on any one of the forums so I can do a little vetting. Any other ideas how I can verify this guy before I send a boatload of $$ via money order to him/her?

·
Registered
446 Posts
If it feels/smells bad, and you're still thinking of completing a deal, then you're a much braver man than I am. I would consider your feelings carefully and move on while you can. There are LOTS of 91s out there with sellers who are really ok with pictures, communication, and email.

I recently didn't like the way a sear+host deal was coming together, and I tapped out. There were too many side deals, lack of answers, and lack of appropriate communication in my opinion. The various parties I was dealing with were all probably ok, but when you talk 34k, it helps to have a good disposition. Being abrasive or dodgy in a deal will surely result in failure to complete.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well said Clay.

If it feels/smells bad, and you're still thinking of completing a deal, then you're a much braver man than I am. I would consider your feelings carefully and move on while you can. There are LOTS of 91s out there with sellers who are really ok with pictures, communication, and email.

I recently didn't like the way a sear+host deal was coming together, and I tapped out. There were too many side deals, lack of answers, and lack of appropriate communication in my opinion. The various parties I was dealing with were all probably ok, but when you talk 34k, it helps to have a good disposition. Being abrasive or dodgy in a deal will surely result in failure to complete.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,931 Posts
Any other ideas how I can verify this guy before I send a boatload of $$ via money order to him/her?
The fact that you are still even contemplating sending money after everything said makes me wonder bread about you...................

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
back to the drawing board. Surely there is an HK 91 out there somewhere that doesn't cost $3000 .

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
There was someone over on Sturmgewehr asking about the same username you're asking about. The members on that forum suggested he request a proof photo, and he stated that when he did request the proof photo, the "seller" went dark.

Can't find his username info on this forum or any other forum where I placed a WTB HK 91 post. His english in our emails is a little "off". And most concerning is he asked me to send a money order for the rifle to a woman's name and I can't imagine the owner of this rifle is female. I've asked for his FFL # and a link to his user profile on any one of the forums so I can do a little vetting. Any other ideas how I can verify this guy before I send a boatload of $$ via money order to him/her?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts