HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Meprolight offer contrasting color night sights (yellow or orange rear, green front) for the P30SK (or P30/HK45C)? On the Meprolight website I only see contrasting color sights for the USP, the P30 sights are green/green only. If not, can anyone comment on Trijicon Bright & Tough contrasting color sights on a P30SK (or P30/HK45C)? Any recommendations on yellow vs. orange rear sights? Thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Typically the orange / yellow vials are not warranted as long, due to less life expectancy. Trijicon Bright and Tough green vials carry a 12 year warranty. Some are much more subdued compared to the green. They can appear to wash out against the muzzle blast during strings of fire in reduced light, and make sight tracking difficult.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Might want to explore their R4E sights. On a Beretta, I'm currently running a ToolTech-installed Trijicon green tritium front and yellow tritium rears; I like it, and the lifespan for all is 12 years.

Years ago when I ran a green front/orange rear Aro-Tek set-up on a Glock 23, I found the orange tritium to be very dull, and with a limited lifespan.

While neither of mine are Meprolights, I thought my experiences might be helpful.

I'm quite pleased with the green/green Meprolights on my P30L and VP40, regarding both day- and night-sight use.

Best, Jon

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I had Orange / Green Meprolight on a USP, seemed the Orange rear dimmed a bit faster than the Green. After about 9 years I determined the sights unusable, and replaced them with all Green Meprolight. Orange / Green is a great combo tho! =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts