HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yes, they will fit. The front sight will be to tall to use them though.

Be Safe
Gayle

L

·
0 Posts
doubt?

The Tactical front sight IS taller than the Expert's. And that's a definite thing

http://www.bloodygoose.com/Sights.htm

the rear sights are the same. all you have to do, is purchase an ameriglo front tritium, to go with your mepro tactical-adjustable rear sight. then you will have a nice set of night sights on your expert

www.ameriglo.com

i think they are about 50-60 bucks

·
Registered
295 Posts
Then I guess you will need to do a search for the very same question you asked. As it has been asked more times than you have posts. If you had both in your hands at the same time, you'd not have asked.

I was under the impression you were asking about the dovetail size.

Be Safe
Gayle

I doubt it would be bigger than the stock Expert front sight. Stock is really tall.

·
Registered
295 Posts
doubt?

The Tactical front sight IS taller than the Expert's. And that's a definite thing

the rear sights are the same. all you have to do, is purchase an ameriglo front tritium, to go with your mepro tactical-adjustable rear sight. then you will have a nice set of night sights on your expert

www.ameriglo.com

Thanks for the link...Hey MODS! Can we make this photo a sticky?

Be Safe
Gayle

L

·
0 Posts
i agree. we should sticky or paste it so people know

seems like expert night sights are a hot topic on here

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,395 Posts
Group buy for USP Expert night sights?

I have an Expert and I hate the plain sights. If not night sights, how about a LPA 3-dot sights?

·
Registered
26 Posts
doubt?

www.ameriglo.com

Excellent Post!!! Thanks for the links to ameriglo, unless I'm reading it wrong it looks like they now have these two part numbers:

1. HK-156-89 "HK Expert 8.9mm"

2. HK-156-105 "HK Tactical 10.55mm"

Those must either be just the front sight to go with the adjustable rear sight (Same on Expert and Tactical), or, if we're really lucky the total package with front and rear sight sets specifically made for the Expert and Tactical??? That would be wonderful but again, I might be misunderstanding that. Thoughts???

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I replaced the factory sights on my Tactical & Expert both with the meprolight front & rear sight sets for the Tactical and they work perfectly.

There is more than enough elevation adjustment to get on target and have plenty of room to move the rear sight, and the factory sight heights don't matter a bit if you are replacing front & back.

If you use a suppressor on your tactical with meprolights, though, the front sight's tritium dot looks like its on the can where you're taking your sight picture, and you need to aim with the top of the blade, but that's not a big deal.

I got my sets from Sportsmans guide for about $120, and they also fit Elites.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then I guess you will need to do a search for the very same question you asked. As it has been asked more times than you have posts. If you had both in your hands at the same time, you'd not have asked.

I was under the impression you were asking about the dovetail size.

Be Safe
Gayle
I actually already knew the tactical has a taller front sight. I posted this because the last time i asked what night sights to use on the expert i got no feedback. After 2 days the moderator deleted my post. So Rear adjustable mepro and ameriglo frontsight would do?

L

·
0 Posts
yes it will work.

it would be optimal if you could find a tac rear sight alone by itself without the front. since you will be using the ameriglo. but you can always re-sell the tac front to someone who needs one here. it would pay for the ameriglo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts