HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, where do you buy them from and how much did it run you? I'm in the market myself..

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Had a smith at my LGS installed them... They say things like "HK's are overrated" so you can assume that they don't carry HK's... but anyway I had them install Meps on my P2000 and they did it just fine. Hopefully they can install Trijicons on my HK45c, I might try to myself.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Anyone know how difficult it is to install Meps on P7M8's? My local gunsmith is not all that familiar with HKs and I wouldn't want to throw something his way if he will be out of his depth. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Don't want to hi jack the thread BUT do HK sights care which way they go On/Off? Thanks for your comments..
Nope.

Anyone know how difficult it is to install Meps on P7M8's? My local gunsmith is not all that familiar with HKs and I wouldn't want to throw something his way if he will be out of his depth. Thanks!
I've got stones (or lack of judgement) when it comes to hitting things with hammers so I do all my own sights. With that being said, when it comes time to put sights on my P7s I'm going to send the slide in and let the pros go at it. I'm sure there are those that would disagree and have done their own but with all the different front sight heights for the P7s I'll have the sights that are there drilled and vials inserted.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Don't want to hi jack the thread BUT do HK sights care which way they go On/Off? Thanks for your comments..
That's where the gunsmith comes in :). Before I had a sight pusher, my gunsmith used a brass drift punch & a mallet on mine, but did mention I should move them only one way on the slide if I ever wanted to readjust, meaning drift out the sight completely and reinstall on the opposite side of the slide, having the sight moved only one way (I'm not looking at anything right now/can't remember if it was Right to Left or L to R) on the slide. Not saying Brownie's wrong, it was just the gunsmith's opinion given to me...I just always followed that.

I would've also have to remove the old / apply more Locktite if it was past the initial "setting" time from first install. If you purchase Meps for example, they have install instructions w/ the sights that show how easy the process is, provided you have the correct tools...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
That's where the gunsmith comes in :). Before I had a sight pusher, my gunsmith used a brass drift punch & a mallet on mine, but did mention I should move them only one way on the slide if I ever wanted to readjust, meaning drift out the sight completely and reinstall on the opposite side of the slide, having the sight moved only one way (I'm not looking at anything right now/can't remember if it was Right to Left or L to R) on the slide. Not saying Brownie's wrong, it was just the gunsmith's opinion given to me...I just always followed that.

I would've also have to remove the old / apply more Locktite if it was past the initial "setting" time from first install. If you purchase Meps for example, they have install instructions w/ the sights that show how easy the process is, provided you have the correct tools...
Hammer and brass punch. That's all?

I hate to ask and seem like I'm hi-jacking but any HK45c owners out there install Trijicons with a hammer and punch? Does the sights go straight in or do they need some filing?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

I hate to ask and seem like I'm hi-jacking but any HK45c owners out there install Trijicons with a hammer and punch? Does the sights go straight in or do they need some filing?
Hammer and punch all the way. Meps and Trijicons will go right in. Heinies will need some fitting........or a big a$$ hammer.:biggrin:

·
Registered
107 Posts

My apologies if hijacking as well...Unfortunately, I didn't see him through the whole process, he called me right when he was getting done so I could go fire it and verify accuracy so I could get it back to him right away before the Lock-tite set (never had to). But yeah - he wrapped up the slide well with some type of rubber wrap to avoid slipping & protect, put it in a vise, drifted the sights out w/ those tools...pretty simple. I think it takes a few hard taps at first to get the factory sights out, but they moved real well after that. He used some gun lube and applied it all over the sights before & during the sight install. I've used that MGW sight pusher (same one I offered to loan you) since...still use lots of lube while pushing the sights out...and tapped them hard first w/ a punch.

Never removed sight on an HK45/C, only P2K series. Carrera has that sight pusher right now...you should pm him to ask how it went using that sight pusher on his HK45c. I'll do the same w/ mine provided he tells me the process was pretty smooth.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
My apologies if hijacking as well...Unfortunately, I didn't see him through the whole process, he called me right when he was getting done so I could go fire it and verify accuracy so I could get it back to him right away before the Lock-tite set (never had to). But yeah - he wrapped up the slide well with some type of rubber wrap to avoid slipping & protect, put it in a vise, drifted the sights out w/ those tools...pretty simple. I think it takes a few hard taps at first to get the factory sights out, but they moved real well after that. He used some gun lube and applied it all over the sights before & during the sight install. I've used that MGW sight pusher (same one I offered to loan you) since...still use lots of lube while pushing the sights out...and tapped them hard first w/ a punch.

Never removed sight on an HK45/C, only P2K series. Carrera has that sight pusher right now...you should pm him to ask how it went using that sight pusher on his HK45c. I'll do the same w/ mine provided he tells me the process was pretty smooth.
Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I'll PM him now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.