HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some methods for touching up claw marks/mag marks prior to a sale? I was thinking about maybe a permanent black magic marker. Anybody have ideas?
God Bless,
Pyro Mike

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
What are some methods for touching up claw marks/mag marks prior to a sale? I was thinking about maybe a permanent black magic marker. Anybody have ideas?
God Bless,
Pyro Mike
A magic marker to cover up claw marks? That's just wrong. At least paint it with something that won't wash off the first time it's cleaned.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
What I have done on mine is a permanent marker then I go over it with a lighter; this burns it a little and it blends in color wise and it seems to stay put longer. Kind of waste of time because I beat the crap out of my MP5-F clone and with have more dings,scrapes and other abuse marks.

This is more of an aesthetic thing on my part because I dont like the nicks and scrapes in my finish, but this is temporary until I send it off to Jayson at IGF for a refinish.

FYI, you are asking for trouble if you do this then sell the weapon. That will net you some negative feedback on Gunbroker I bet.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm still using the same bottle of Fleming Firearms "H&K Touch-up Paint" that I've had for over 20 yrs. Works good to this day. I think he still sells it from the website
subcal.com
Came in both early H&K grey black and HK black, which is what I have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts