HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at Tulsa gun show and some folks from Atlanta, Texas had a Mexican P7M13 with the safety on it. Wanted $10K for it. Was engraved as presented to the President of Mexico in 1987 as I remember.

Wonder how it shoot:O)

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
when you refer to Texas I hope you were not refering to me....lol I wish, I owned that weapon. I would also want all the documents that come with something that pricy... TJ

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ah, I've seen this one many, many times at the shows here in Texas. I really think it is WAY over priced-espcailly for the condition it is in. Hence, why it hasn't sold yet. I'd put the condition at least 95% or maybe even less. I've seen it taken apart, the insides look okay, but the finish wear on the outside is there.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Ah, I've seen this one many, many times at the shows here in Texas. I really think it is WAY over priced-espcailly for the condition it is in. Hence, why it hasn't sold yet. I'd put the condition at least 95% or maybe even less. I've seen it taken apart, the insides look okay, but the finish wear on the outside is there.
If he's correct, that there are 2 in existence, one of which is in the HK Museum in Germany, then a little finish wear won't affect the value much. It's value lies in the rarity, and any documentation that proves it is authentic.

Having said that - the fact that HK just wouldn't pay the $9,000 to have it back in their museum does tend to support your "way over priced" argument.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Okay, I didn't know there were only two in the world. What's crazy is that this one has the engravings on it, but other than that the only other thing it has is a safety on the side. Unique, yes. But it just seems this unique gun doesn't have a lot more to offer (especially for the $10K price tag). There's probably that one collector out there that might think so though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, as far as 3000 of these pistols were build I wonder if there are more information or pistols around. Beside Bo Frenchs i never saw one... Loved to own one :)
Someone out there who can support more info???

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Was at Tulsa gun show and some folks from Atlanta, Texas had a Mexican P7M13 with the safety on it. Wanted $10K for it. Was engraved as presented to the President of Mexico in 1987 as I remember.

Wonder how it shoot:O)
Question is is this authentic and how does one know? Documentation with it? Mexico is under HK license to make the P7M13 in the Mexico City plant so any number of these could have been made there, to include commemorative versions. We have seen many such "HK's" made in Iran and Saudi discovered in Iraq with home grown "bling" added not by HK but by the country of production. And how did it get into the US? legally imported? If so there has to be import permits on it and if not its contraband.
G3Kurz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts