HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Besides, I'm a bit confused by this 'SCAR here and there' talk and almost everyone seems to celebrate it as some sort of wonderweapon,
Well, after just handling and not firing it up to now I still consider it one of the best collections of features previously invented in the small arms field.

The ergonomics are almost perfect, the modularity is very useful and if it performs as advertised, it should be a winner.

Incidently the most prominent drawback of the SCAR design right now is the cocking handle wich in turn is used in the FX05...

...anyway, I'd agree that the G36 has issues (some of which may be improved, some other most probably not), but heat isn't one of them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
...anyway, I'd agree that the G36 has issues but heat isn't one of them.
LarryG36's rifle literally melted. You can say he abused it, but 90 rounds until catastrophic failure is a number I would not accept from any rifle.

The capitol city police dumped the platform because the rifle would start losing zero at around 60-100 rounds. In my mind, there's only one thing to explain that, and that's barrel sag brought about by heat.

·
Registered
36 Posts
LarryG36's rifle literally melted. You can say he abused it, but 90 rounds until catastrophic failure is a number I would not accept from any rifle.

I have personally fired 150+ rounds using burst and rapid fire several times and never had any issues so the statement that the G36 experiences a CF after dumping just 90 rounds is simply and totally exaggerated.

During tests in Yuma there have been dumped substantially more rounds on FA without failure.

On the other hand I've seen pictures of Larrys desert shootouts showing about a dozen loaded G36 mags and a couple of beta drums and have seen videos of those guys (ab)using the guns so I think that they dumped notably more rounds through the gun in question while not letting it cool down but laying it in the desert sun.

Also I haven't seen a "melted rifle" but some melt marks around the barrel bedding.

That's what was meant when someone here was talking about "internet exaggerations" I think.

The capitol city police dumped the platform because the rifle would start losing zero at around 60-100 rounds. In my mind, there's only one thing to explain that, and that's barrel sag brought about by heat.
The G36 is very susceptiple to a shifting point of impact when straining the forearm in different ways, just the way a shooter changes his grip on the weapon when it gets hot and he experiences fatigue after holding it up for a prolonged time.

You can create that shift of impact even without much firing just by trying to keep the gun levelled at a target for a certain time or by bracing it on sandbags at varying points of support.

That is an issue that is at least a minor to medium drawback IMHO, heat problems are not.

This problem should be reduced (but surely not eliminated) with the newer generation gas block - but that is just an assumption as I haven't tried it out with a new gas block gun up to now.

When shooting the G36 mounted in a shooting rest the shift in POI doesn't differ much from other designs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
THAT P.O.S. 36K THAT MELTED ON A CUSTOMER WAS NOT """ABUSED"""HE PUT 3 MAGS THROUGHT IT ON BURST WITH A GEMTECH M96D ON IT. IT TOOK HK LIKE 6 MONTHS TO REPLACE THE RECIEVER, BECAUSE OF THE ATF SLOW DOWN BEFORE THEY MOVED TO WV.

I STOPPED LETING MY CUSTOMERS USE CMAGS IN OUR 36'S WHEN A 36C CAME APART. BOTH DO TO MELTING ISSUSES.

THE 36 FAMILY ARE THROW AWAY GUNS, THEY MELT, THEY BRAKE IF DROPPED.

OH, LETS NOT FOREGET THE XM8 COMMING APART DURING TESTING.

THERES A REASION WHY HK STOPPED EMPORTING THEM, VERY SLOW SALES. BECAUSE THE PD'S DUMPING THEM AND GOING TO M4'S AND SIGS.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
And that is from a man who would know, firsthand.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I dumped 300 rounds with only cooling the barrel once through a G36 and had no issues what-so-ever.

So why is HK sucking at the rifle thing lately? The 416 looks like it'd be the nicest AR type rifle, but can they not come up with a design of their own lately?

·
Registered
690 Posts
So why is HK sucking at the rifle thing lately? The 416 looks like it'd be the nicest AR type rifle, but can they not come up with a design of their own lately?
And more importantly, why has HK not yet released the 416 for open sale on the US market as either a complete semiauto rifle or as complete upper conversion?

·
Registered
484 Posts
And more importantly, why has HK not yet released the 416 for open sale on the US market as either a complete semiauto rifle or as complete upper conversion?

Thats what gets me. An upper is NOT a firearm so there is NO reason to not sell them to us 'peons'. There is NO importation restriction for an upper, its NOT a firearm.

Makes me wonder if its politically motivated by the Anti's in Europe :61:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Thats what gets me. An upper is NOT a firearm so there is NO reason to not sell them to us 'peons'. There is NO importation restriction for an upper, its NOT a firearm.

Makes me wonder if its politically motivated by the Anti's in Europe :61:
Here's why we dont have them yet. http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43477&highlight=416

Just because the law say there not a MG doesnt mean that the ATF cant declare them MG's. Just to keep them from us.

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Personally, I think it doesn't look nearly as good as the G36. But if it performs well, then hats off to the Mexicans for creating a fine weapon.

J

·
0 Posts
can the FX-05 fitted to suit both right hander and left hander like the AUG or french FAMAS.

J

·
0 Posts
Personally, I think it doesn't look nearly as good as the G36. But if it performs well, then hats off to the Mexicans for creating a fine weapon.
it seem's to be more streem line then the g36 and if it works well then they own the right to the fx-05 and can sell it to other countries. Is there anyone out there who has used it and can tell us how reliable it is in the field?

·
Registered
65 Posts
They have an ingenious solution to the folding/telescoping stock issue, with an angled pivot to clear the ejection port. Nice.

KrazyKraut, I think baugruppen would translate as sub-assembly.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Supposedly in the future there will be ONE rifle for the calibres 5.56x45mm, 7.62x39mm and 7.62x51 NATO... with the only parts that need to be changed being the bolt head, the extraction port and another thing I forgot.
I certainly hope that one thing you forgot is the barrel :) Otherwise shooting it is going to get really interesting really quickly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
lol! Yes, of course. But the SCAR already has a quick-change-barrel so they schould be able to fulfill that part of the deal.

I can't see the rest happening though. I mean, how are they going to built a spring that will allow for reliable feeding of both 5.56 and 7.62mm?

21 - 40 of 70 Posts