HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just butchering my first SEF lower to work on 94. Having nothing better to do I took apart the trigger pack to play with and see how it works. So after playing, I did not wanting to have MG parts laying around. So I cut up the housing.

Is this normal and is there any rules on how to cut it up? And should I destroy the factory sear?

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Just butchering my first SEF lower to work on 94. Having nothing better to do I took apart the trigger pack to play with and see how it works. So after playing, I did not wanting to have MG parts laying around. So I cut up the housing.

Is this normal and is there any rules on how to cut it up? And should I destroy the factory sear?
No, there are no demill rules for trigger packs, as they are not controlled items. Nor are the sears.

As long as you don't cut out the front lower corner of the trigger pack so it will clear a semi-auto shelf, there are no problems keeping it as a complete assembly, factory catch and all. But if you already cut up the housing, you are fine. The factory sears are not controlled items either, as they are worthless without a modified pack housing.

I wouldn't want to have any packs that would fit even if you don't have any clipped and pinned housings to put them in. C/P housings are never a problem - packs that will fit a semi-shelf are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts