HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I was looking to get a micro comp for my vp9 tactical. That being said there are two different sizes on the Hk parts website. Any idea what the difference is and why there is a 13.5 x 1 and a 1/2 x 28 metric? And which one should I be ordering for my tactical. Thank you in advance and if anyone has one and has any reviews that would be greatly appreciated!

·
Banned
474 Posts
1/2 x 28 is US threading and 13.5 x 1 LH is European threading on the barrel. So you have to choose according to this. Effect of the microcomp is really good, but the first version with 1 screw only doesn´t hold on place. New version has 3 screws, so hopefully it will work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok how do I know which threading I have? I looked in the manual and it does not say. Bought my gun in the US. Anyway to tell?

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you purchased a VP9 Tactical then you have 13.5 x 1 threads. HK Parts and SilencerCo are the only companies I know of selling the 1/2 x 28 barrel separately. The comp works great and it's really light and makes follow up shots a lot easier. However, I do believe not having larger sized ports on top is a shame because it would have decreased muzzle flip. I also have a Tactical Supply pistol comp that works a bit better at reducing muzzle flip because there are larger ports at the top of the comp.

·
Banned
474 Posts
Exactly. Original factory barrels are made in Germany so it´s the European 13,5x1LH.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys I ordered it this morning! Anything I should know when installing to my gun? Locktite no locktite etc..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thank you guys I ordered it this morning! Anything I should know when installing to my gun? Locktite no locktite etc..
I sometimes take a q-tip, drop red loktite on it and disperse it around the threads. Hasn't failed me since, but don't put too much or else you're gonna have a hell of a time taking the comp off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts