HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it says, I might be dumb...really dumb, but I did it and I'm not embarrassed. I have had two, well three counting the v3 p30 I traded on v2 HKs. P30 and 45c. I love these pistols so much that I don't shoot any others so I got rid of the xd I had. It was my first pistol. That was a long while ago. Now, today I finally ponied up to my mindset of one style trigger and firearm for training continuity and bent over to take a beating on trading my Nighthawk custom 1911. It was a GRP recon I ordered and waited 9 months to get exactly how I wanted it. Only had about 300 rounds through it and today I went in to my lgs with the intention of trading it on a .45 USP tactical but ended up trading it on my first 9mm. A NIB expert, also got a threaded barrel, GG&G rail adapter and 2 30 round HK mags! If he finds them, I'll end up with another 2 jet funnel mags also. I'm buying the extra jet funnel mags and paying $95 for the barrel, so I'm not trading even up, I'm actually loosing money in reality, but I really don't care. I'm so F'ing excited I can't wait. That thing is F'ing sweet! Don't tell me how bad I did, or how bad I got the addiction, just be happy for me...

·
Registered
865 Posts
As long as your happy with your deals and you can sleep at night then that's all that matters.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
What to be embarrassed about? Now you got a gun you can actually bury in the mud and drop in the water. Not that most of us ever really do that. I have had high end 1911's myself and keep finding myself coming back to the HK's. Call me crazy, but I'm not sure I am even going to entertain other manufacturers anymore. None of em seem to do it for me. The expert is a truly great, fairly rare HK. Shoot the hell out of it!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
You traded your Nighthawk? As long as you're happy with the deal...it's a good deal, for you!
I'm sure the othe guy was very happy, too.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
we all have "trade up" stories I'm sure. you just have to be happy and move on, guns for men are like shoes and purses for women
I've found. that's what I tell my wife when she asks, why do you need another pistol?? NEED??? paaleeeesse............

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
we all have "trade up" stories I'm sure. you just have to be happy and move on, guns for men are like shoes and purses for women
I've found. that's what I tell my wife when she asks, why do you need another pistol?? NEED??? paaleeeesse............
I like your way of thinking.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I traded it to my local store I normally deal with. He wasn't too crazy about doing it since he's not a fan of nighthawk, but we got it done. I know I could have gotten more if I sold it myself, but it was a good opportunity I think. They had two experts there, consecutive serial numbers. One had red front sight the other green. Wish I coulda gotten both. I've never seen the 30 round mags before though. What do you think they might be worth? What about the jet funnel mags? I haven't really looked into them too much yet.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll have to check again, I don't really remember. Is there something I'm missing?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They were black Novak sights, but the front of one had a red fiber optic and the other had a green fiber optic.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I may be wrong, but aren't Nighthawks $2000.00 + pistols? I absolutely love Hks but do you think you could have gotten a better deal? At least not to put any additional cash. Anyway what really matters is thet you got a Hk gun and you are happy!!!! Congrats!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I may be wrong, but aren't Nighthawks $2000.00 + pistols? I absolutely love Hks but do you think you could have gotten a better deal? At least not to put any additional cash. Anyway what really matters is thet you got a Hk gun and you are happy!!!! Congrats!!
Yes, there about $2500 new and I paid more because I added a mag well and diamond black on the slide. I would rather not think about how hard I allowed myself to be screwed on the trade. I know I could have gotten more if I had sold it, but with my luck I would have missed out on the usp I picked up. One problem with selling something like that, is pure still gonna take a beating on it since most people who are gonna buy a custom 1911 are gonna order it exactly how they want it instead of buying a used one for a little less. I'm gonna have to get some information on the date codes of these things now the more I'm thinking about it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have had several high end 1911's that I let go and find myself coming back to the HK's. I hate that I let go of my 45c and p2000sk but I will replace them here soon. As long as your happy with the deal made, that's all that matters. Congrats and shoot the hell out of it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts