HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does HK provide members of the US military a purchase discount? If so does anyone know the rate?

My cousin will purchase a P2K or a P30 for me and do a private party transfer. I'm not sure if a P30 will pass muster, since I am in California, so it may have to be a P2000.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Generally, no...

They are not as liberal as say Sig, whose discounts approach 45% for military folks.

I believe you need a dept letter head from your PD as a LEO for an individual purchase and i believe the discount is something like 10-15%.

My (LE spec) P2000/.357SIG slipped thru the cracks, but they, (Hk), is cracking down now.

·
Registered
381 Posts
So the original poster is trying to defraud HK? Thats wonderful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the flame, Tecumseh.

No, I'm not trying to defraud anyone. My cousin was interested in getting one for himself. If he could get two at a discount, he was happy to share. I bought him a brand new Sig P229 when he became flight qualified. He can't buy me a gun as a gift???

As for your libelous accusation, I'm not making any representations to HK and my cousin isn't making any false representations, so there can be no fraud as a matter of law. I have no idea what the requirements are of purchasing as a military member, do you? Is there a requirement that the pistol has to be owned by the purchaser for a specific time period. Are you suggesting that a purchaser has no right to transfer his/her property. There's really no need to go off on people when you don't know the facts.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Thanks for the flame, Tecumseh.

No, I'm not trying to defraud anyone. My cousin was interested in getting one for himself. If he could get two at a discount, he was happy to share. I bought him a brand new Sig P229 when he became flight qualified. He can't buy me a gun as a gift???

As for your libelous accusation, I'm not making any representations to HK and my cousin isn't making any false representations, so there can be no fraud as a matter of law. I have no idea what the requirements are of purchasing as a military member, do you? Is there a requirement that the pistol has to be owned by the purchaser for a specific time period. Are you suggesting that a purchaser has no right to transfer his/her property. There's really no need to go off on people when you don't know the facts.
"no fraud as a matter of law"
gotta love internet lawyers :680:

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
You will find that many base (or post) exchanges now have gun counters--many of which feature HK pistols.

Unfortunately, their pricing is not that much better than many LGS which do bigger business with HK and thus get better wholesale prices. Of course, there is the significant savings when it comes to not paying local sales tax.

Dan

·
Registered
679 Posts
Geeezus....getting tired of the old post resurrections...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.