HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I recently purchased a Milt Sparks 55BN in black cowhide from another member here for my P2SK, I am very impressed as I had expected I would be by the quality and workmanship of this holster, the fit and stiffness is incredible.
I have a question with respect to the positioning of the holster on the pants, and the interface with the Belt Loops. Where does everyone (RH) place it just behind 3 O'clock right?
I put my belt through the holster slot, then through the 1st belt loop behind 3 O'clock, then through the holster loop, then through my 3 O'clock belt loop but it seems to far back for me I am used to my holster riding a little more forward, it also seems to interfere with sitting in the car and at a chair?
I also tried it by going through my belt loop first, then the holster slot, then the holster loop, then my 3 O'clock belt loop but it barely fit between the two belt loops on my pants, it did ride slightly more forward like that though.
Thanks for any opinions or advice. GOTURBACK

* Carrots if this is posted in the wrong area I am sorry, if so could you please move it for me.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I had these same issues with the 55BN, and it really depends on where the loops are on your pants. I like going with the belt loop between the two holster slots, at a 3:10 position. I really like it just behind my hip bone, because I don't like reaching too far back to draw. On my Levi's, vs my Carhartts; the position is a little different. Also, a lot is going to depend on your anatomy and how your body is built.

Another tip is to loop it through while your pants are off, this trick really saves time.

·
Leather & Lace Fiend
4,273 Posts
I started replying to this earlier and drew a blank. Put simply there are far too many personal variables here to offer much objective help. I like my OWB holsters at around 3.30 but snug them forward to 3 when I need to sit/drive. I use double loop holsters with snaps that allow easy on and off and are easier to adjust around the full length of the waist band of my pants. In my experience the singe loop style OWB holsters tend to ride a little better forward of the hip and they better suit folks with skinnier builds. Those are two reasons that I personally avoid them. But there really aren't many hard and fast rules and all you can do is play around with the holster and your pants and see if you can find a sweet spot. Some pants just won't work with some holsters, and some holsters just won't work for some applications or for some people. The good news is that you bought a quality unit and so you ought to be able to send it down the road if you cannot make it work on your person and to your satisfaction. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank You gentlemen for offering some suggestions.
My other holsters are IWB with clips so this is a first for me. I see now how pants have varying belt loop spacing and designs, I have tried a couple different pair (pants) and did find some more suitable. This is my first " Hand Built Quality " holster, I have a custom VM2 / complete cordovan shark set on order now for my HK45C. The wait begins

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had a 55BN and sold it...not only did it not conceal all that well, the tunnel and single loop was hard to get right without missing a belt loop..I find the simple pancake design not only conceals much better, but I can always thread a loop behind the holster...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts