Registered
188 Posts
Yes

So far like it.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Militec

Its great stuff. the oil has a very high visocity (thicker) and the grease is very lubricating and stays where you put it. all in all it is a very good synthetic oil/grease for any high heat application. Kind of like LSA or CLP types but without having to shake the fluid to mix the particulates that make the oil work as a whole.

·
Registered
506 Posts
That's what I've been using for the past 6 months, so far, I like it a lot. It's the only oil my local gun shop recommends due to our constant dust and grit here in the desert. (Palm Springs CA area)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Militec works really well as a lubricant. However, it fails pretty badly when it comes to corrosion protection.

The best thing to do IMO, would be to use it along with something else. Break-Free to clean and protect, then lube it up with the Militec.

I've also been told the best way to use Militec, is to lube up your gun as you normally would. Then heat it up with a hair dryer, or heat gun. If you use a heat gun, be careful, they can get too hot. Bring the temp of the metal up to 200 or so, let it sit, then wipe it off and run it dry.

FWIW, I think there's better options out there, but Militec certainly works well enough when used along with a better corrosion preventer.

I've used most of the popular stuff out there, and just switched from Slip-2000 to Weapon Shield. So far I'd have to say it's best I've used.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Militec works really well as a lubricant. However, it fails pretty badly when it comes to corrosion protection.

The best thing to do IMO, would be to use it along with something else. Break-Free to clean and protect, then lube it up with the Militec.

I've also been told the best way to use Militec, is to lube up your gun as you normally would. Then heat it up with a hair dryer, or heat gun. If you use a heat gun, be careful, they can get too hot. Bring the temp of the metal up to 200 or so, let it sit, then wipe it off and run it dry.

FWIW, I think there's better options out there, but Militec certainly works well enough when used along with a better corrosion preventer.

I've used most of the popular stuff out there, and just switched from Slip-2000 to Weapon Shield. So far I'd have to say it's best I've used.
I completely agree that Militec is a GREAT lube, but I found it before I found Weapon Shield and since Weapon Shield is a CLP and does a better job in the "L" factor, I just decided to stick with one product that does it all for my needs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've found it to burn off somewhat quickly. It's a little thin so it gets into what it should but tends to disappear a little faster than I would like. Then again, I don't just shoot 50-100 rounds at a time. In about 3 weeks it's all but gone if it just sits around and doesn't get used.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I've been using the oil and the grease for years and love it. In fact, I use only Militec-1 oil and grease for lubing in all my firearms. I've never had a problem with it. For preserving, such as wiping down the pistol, I use CLP and for long term storage I use CLP Collector.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts