HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There were enough members of this board affected by this, so I see it fitting that this be publicly addressed here.

A few days ago your site listed 416 Full Auto Carriers, with images of 416 full auto carriers, and the ones people received were MR556 carriers that are not full auto capable.

I get that in the title and description also mentioned MR556, but those are not FA carriers as the title clearly states so we all reasonably interpreted this as 416 Full Auto carrier for sale.

What gives HKP?

The carrier you sent (left) vs the forum users already owned 416 carrier (right)

Just received mine today. It has the MR marker. I bought the 416 complete upper on Gunbroker after I bought this BCG. So if anyone wants to buy this contact me.
MR carrier on left and 416 carrier on right. The HKParts Carriers are indeed MR556 carriers as marked
View attachment 300567 View attachment 300568
Edit to add referenced HKP Carrier Pic for ease.
View attachment 300569
No freakin way. Am I getting this right? You bought a 416 carrier and got an mr556 carrier? Is that what happened?

·
Vendor
2,739 Posts
Before you grab the pitchforks again. What was posted is the correct part number and part that was received from HK directly. The part number is the SAME as it has been in the past. The shipping manifest says 416/MR556 full auto carrier on it just as we received from HK. This is not our fault as we put the correct HK part number back in stock. We assumed these were the same part only for the 416 and MR556 with an (updated model/description perhaps)???
We will have to take this matter up with HK and get clarification. In the meantime those of you that want to return them will be given a full refund while we sort this out with HK.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Before you grab the pitchforks again. What was posted is the correct part number and part that was received from HK directly. The part number is the SAME as it has been in the past. The shipping manifest says 416/MR556 full auto carrier on it just as we received from HK. This is not our fault as we put the correct HK part number back in stock. We assumed these were the same part only for the 416 and MR556 with an (updated model/description perhaps)???
We will have to take this matter up with HK and get clarification. In the meantime those of you that want to return them will be given a full refund while we sort this out with HK.
You all are not Noobs at this; you have been at this for too long to make such BS claims. You know the physical difference between them.

Shame on you, you should know better... !

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I didn't make this post by whining and complaining, I explained the situation and posted some photos and asked what gives - allowing for a response; which we got.

The bigger point is customers are trusting that they receive the correct item, and this isn't the first time something like this has happened with the appearance of bait and switch.

Someone at HKP still has to package and handle the items and check that the orders are correct. They aren't in retail packaging, and they don't have part numbers printed on them, you have to actually know what the carrier looks like. As self proclaimed experts, they should have realized something isn't right and handled it then instead of waiting for the customers to get their order and be upset that it's incorrect. Better to be proactive to a problem than reactive. There were at least 30 of the carriers sent out - that's 30 opportunities to notice and rectify the problem that were missed.

There were many members of this forum who were affected, and HKP is a big name in the industry, and while I trust they will honor the return process with people individually, it's good to still show this to prospective new buyers as a buyer beware; that's why we have individual vendor forums. Hopefully this can be reigned in in the future, but it's sad when many of us purchasing these items are silently thinking to ourselves that were probably being duped, and then we find out we are. I don't have that feeling when buying from Brownells, MGW, HKPartsPro or any other retailer.

Before you grab the pitchforks again
This wording is telling

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
5,221 Posts
Are you implying that you didnt check your stock before you listed it? The problem is Brownells had what you are selling (MR556) for far less at exact same time now they are OOS...............

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,711 Posts
FWIW, Brownells also lists the part as "416, MR556 CARRIER BOLT AUTO ASSEMBLE, MR556/", but AFAIK there's never been "full" in HK's description for this part. Also, you can't order HK416 carriers from HK since 2018. They restrict all F/A parts to their commercial dealers. Only Mil/LE dealers can order them with a EUC. I don't think you can really blame HKparts completely, plus they are offering to make it right. Plenty of posts on HKpro stating the parts are different so some laziness on the customer's part here too.

Respectfully, some of you guys who actually know the difference and were not affected by this need to keep your comments to yourself and let HKparts customers be the ones to chime in here. I get the history, but piling it on does not help make things better.

Reactions: Chui and Crashmc

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
5,221 Posts
so some laziness on the customer's part here too.
I looked at one on Brownells before ordering HKparts clearly marked MR also answers the question about being an MR no laziness here, they basically sold out in Seconds/minutes no time for in depth research and they got heads UP'd at night so no phone calls either.......When they shipped them out they knew what they were shipping

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,711 Posts
So you mean to tell me that you ordered one of these MR556 carriers thinking it was the same as the HK416 full auto carrier?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Brownells had what you are selling (MR556) for far less at exact same time now they are OOS...............
And that's another gripe I have because I missed a better deal because of this. Brownells was ~150+ cheaper after coupon codes, mil discounts, and shipping, but I thought I was getting a 416 carrier so I opted for HKP. The only way to make it up to me for my situation is a partial refund and I'll keep the carriers just because sending it back for a refund means I'm still out a carrier, but I know that likely won't happen.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,711 Posts
No I ordered what I thought was a 416 carrier like everyone else............
Do you mean to tell me that you thought these were the same and that you bought this from HKparts?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So you mean to tell me that you ordered one of these MR556 carriers thinking it was the same as the HK416 full auto carrier?
This clearly shows a FA carrier and says FA several times in the listing. We all reasonably take that as it's a 416 FA carrier

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,711 Posts
And again no I thought they were different didn't compare the #'s. I bought like everyone ELSE what I thought was a 416 carrier.........
Well, you learn something new every day.... The parts have never been interchangeable due to the block on the barrel extension. Also, the MR556 bolt head is also listed as "Bolthead assembly compl. MR556/HK416" and while the MR556 bolthead vs the HK416 bolthead have different part numbers, they are essentially the same.

Give them chance to make things right. I understand they are well aware of pissing off a lot of people and have been trying to correct these past issues that lead them here. Also, their pricing is somewhat the same as many other HK parts vendors out there these days.

Personally, I think the world has done nuts or I'm just getting old.

Reactions: caf82313

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
5,221 Posts
And that's another gripe I have because I missed a better deal because of this. Brownells was ~150+ cheaper after coupon codes, mil discounts, and shipping, but I thought I was getting a 416 carrier so I opted for HKP. The only way to make it up to me for my situation is a partial refund and I'll keep the carriers just because sending it back for a refund means I'm still out a carrier, but I know that likely won't happen.
This is exactly what I was saying.........

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Let's take a step back and reassess so this doesn't become too vitriolic.

I am all for HKP working to make things right, and I never said or implied they aren't, or won't. This post serves as a buyer beware and to further document instances of malfeasance. If this was handled entirely in private, it would do nothing to drive change and would not warn buyers of potential risks.

The listing appears it's for a 416 carrier. We believed we were getting 416 carriers. If we knew they were MR carriers, we probably would have ordered from Brownells as the price point was better. At this point some of us have missed opportunities to get real 416 carriers off GB or other places because we believed we got on from HKP. So now we've missed opportunities that can't be "refunded".

Some of us know that 416 carriers aren't generally available anymore, but it's not unreasonable to think HKP could have managed to snag a batch somehow.

This entire heads up sale happened in the course of about 20 minutes late at night. They have a SKU number, but that's not a UPC and we can't cross reference that with a parts# catalog or anything

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Well, I even cancelled my Brownells order to buy the FA one from HKP. That said, I've had good dealings with HKP and I expect them to make things right. As far as 416 FA carrier availability, this would have been the third time HKP has had them in stock since last September.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,711 Posts
Thread has been cleaned up to exclude comments from members who obviously don't have any skin in this. I jumped in only to add clarification and to also give the supporting vendor an opportunity to correct their mistake.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts