HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago (1999?) I bought a Hardcase for a MK 23, still have the case, never bought the gun, it was a very solid metal case with foam cutsouts for the LAM, Knights can, Mags, gun and so forth. It had black canvas case that the hardcase slipped in.

It was advertised as a Foreign contract military overrun, I think they called it a Drop Case and claimed a tank could run over it without damaging it. (It' very solid but I doubt the last one).

If I remember right it ran around 500 at the time. I used to see comments about them now and then, I guess they are rare. Now I can't even find a picture or any info on the case.

Does anyone have any details on this thing, I'm wondering it I do have something special here.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,910 Posts
can we see a pic of yours?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Banned
34,557 Posts
Incorrectly, but sometimes referred to as the "Middle Eastern Contract" case, it was a special-order contract case in 1999 for a specified U.S. Government contract, but once delivered, the cases were determined not to be useable, and sold off as surplus equipment!!! :biggrin:

LarryCCF (a member here) purchased a pallet(s) of these cases at a U.S. Government auction (@ 200 imported by Capital City Firearms/Richmond, Virginia). :wink:

Although the manufacturing is sometimes attributed to Impact Case & Container, the real manufacturer was Knouff & Knouff, Inc. :cool:

Tony

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Incorrectly, but sometimes referred to as the "Middle Eastern Contract" case, it was a special-order contract case in 1999 for a specified U.S. Government contract, but once delivered, the cases were determined not to be useable, and sold off as surplus equipment!!! :biggrin:

LarryCCF (a member here) purchased a pallet(s) of these cases at a U.S. Government auction (@ 200 imported by Capital City Firearms/Richmond, Virginia). :wink:

Although the manufacturing is sometimes attributed to Impact Case & Container, the real manufacturer was Knouff & Knouff, Inc. :cool:

Tony

You my friend,....are a endless wealth of knowledge, and I humbly thank you. \m/

·
Registered
20 Posts

Tony

Wow.... How is it you come to possess such knowledge. Amazing!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a full size rifle case that is made exactly like that. I bought it in the late 1980's and it was made by ICC, from Spokane Washington. They are made of aluminum and are fairly sturdy but I think that Pelican cases are probably stronger, but heavier. Zero Halliburton cases are a lot nicer but light gauge metal and a lot more expensive. The full length wire hinge on the ICC cases is a nice feature but the cases overall are sort of lower end manufacture compared to Pelican or Zero. ICC still makes this pistol case, it is about $120.00.

ICC Case company.jpg

·
Banned
34,557 Posts
I have a full size rifle case that is made exactly like that. I bought it in the late 1980's and it was made by ICC, from Spokane Washington. They are made of aluminum and are fairly sturdy but I think that Pelican cases are probably stronger, but heavier. Zero Halliburton cases are a lot nicer but light gauge metal and a lot more expensive. The full length wire hinge on the ICC cases is a nice feature but the cases overall are sort of lower end manufacture compared to Pelican or Zero. ICC still makes this pistol case, it is about $120.00.

View attachment 64129
Very nice--- Impact Case & Container is still located in Rathdrum, Idaho!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Banned
34,557 Posts

Tony
ADDENDUM--- the case may have been designed/prototypes constructed in 1999, but the Knouff contract was completed for the Department of the Navy/Naval Surface Warfare Center in 2002--- I will research more!!! :biggrin:
Maybe LarryCCF can enlighten us. :wink:

Tony

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Sorry to bring up an older thread, but do any of you gentlemen know what one of these cases NIB would be worth?

Thank You in advance for the assist!

Tom

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Thank You Tony! I appreciate the assist!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts