HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a H&K Mk23 and the FsN.

couple days ago, I took them to the range and did some testing with the pistols. I wanted to make sure they were working as they should, and was curious on accuracy.

the MK23 is ACCURATE. never shot anything that groups that tight. (with the right ammo. it was palm size with WWB. BUT with Ranger RA45TP ammo, it was VERY tight. It beat my 1911, which is the next most accurate pistol I have. (just a worked PT1911AR)

then I shot the FN. Pistol worked as it should. it shot the brass way to the side. I had to look for them. I want to get the water capacity so I can punch in the numbers into quickload...

anyways, here are 2 pictures from when I shot the targets at 25 yards (furthest distance for the indoor range). I think the Mk23 is amazing accurate. the FsN was still pretty good. these were controlled slow fire shots off hand.

just passing on some info. :)

For anyone who owns these pistols, are these similar to what others have gotten on the respective pistols?

Here are the new toys...

the H&K Mk23 (Winchester Ranger 230+P (RA45TP)

FsN (SS198LF - LEO/MIL ammo)

On rapid fire, the Five Seven was more accurate. thing has no recoil, so follow ups are very natural. the Mk23 still has a kick, even though it's a heavy pistol.

I wish I shot my M&P9c at 25 yards with the gold dots too, but didn't think of it. I was too busy sighting in the C5L on that one. It's a smooth gun, but can't say it's the most accurate. my previous duty gun (M&P9) was very very accurate.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Awesome man, these are the next two pistols on my list. I am jealous. I'm halfway towards the Mark 23!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FWIW, this is at 25 yards with the WWB. you can tell how much the groups opened up with this instead of the winchester ranger ammo...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome man, these are the next two pistols on my list. I am jealous. I'm halfway towards the Mark 23!
Yeah man. Desert eagle was next for me, but I put my sights on a mk23 instead of the desert eagle.

deagle is next ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have both guns as well. I use the Mark23 for 25 yards and under (able to put bullets through the same hole at 7 yards) while I use the 5-7 for anything over 120 yards (easily able to hit ISPC targets out past 130 yards, 30 round mags are fun too!). Both are great guns, totally worth the money and effort to get them!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yeah man. Desert eagle was next for me, but I put my sights on a mk23 instead of the desert eagle.

deagle is next ;)
Try to get an IMI Deagle instead of the Kahr one. I hear fit and finish is nicer on the Israeli ones.
Btw nice shooting, Im not quite there with my Mark 23 yet.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yes if you're going to get a Desert Eagle get the one's made in Isreal, they don't have that ridiculous picatinny rail. When is HK going to make a semi automatic 44 magnum?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes if you're going to get a Desert Eagle get the one's made in Isreal, they don't have that ridiculous picatinny rail. When is HK going to make a semi automatic 44 magnum?
I doubt HK will ever make a semi 44 or 50 lol... I will get the israel one. I like that it's orginal. and I won't put a scope on it so

Try to get an IMI Deagle instead of the Kahr one. I hear fit and finish is nicer on the Israeli ones.
Btw nice shooting, Im not quite there with my Mark 23 yet.
it's a fun pistol to have. I had some SF guys call it a 'boat anchor' but hey... how many boat anchors do you know that can shoot, and go back to being a boat anchor? LOL

I have both guns as well. I use the Mark23 for 25 yards and under (able to put bullets through the same hole at 7 yards) while I use the 5-7 for anything over 120 yards (easily able to hit ISPC targets out past 130 yards, 30 round mags are fun too!). Both are great guns, totally worth the money and effort to get them!
yup, great guns. I started carrying the five seven as my CCW. I'm curious if my dept will let me carry the Mk23 as my duty gun, I'll so do it with a thigh holster. :D

at 7 yards, it's not even fair with this pistol LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts