HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at the specs of the MK 23, it actually seems to have smaller deminsions than a 6" S&W M28, which I have concealed before.

Is the MK23 practical as a CCW if one could conceal it?

LOL!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Did you wear it under a tent?

Sent from my iPhone 😡
(I'd rather be at the range trying to wear out my Not-LNIB gun collection.... Let's call it a BTS Beat To **** collection)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I know a guy who carries a Desert Eagle in .44 Mag IWB. Why not? Some people consider a Dodge Maxx Cab a daily driver too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You can do it.

Message sent via SkyNet, Present Day

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Let us know where you can find a MK23 to carry. A Mark 23, maybe. Different pistols. Slight, but different.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Here is the issue with concealing a Mark 23. IF you have the body structure to conceal it, and IF you can find a carry rig and dress combo that allows you to do so even remotely discreetly, the possibility is still there that you will have to use it in a self defense situation. Herein lies the problem. The MK23 (civi version Mark 23) was designed as an offensive handgun. That doesn't make a whole lot of difference in your ability to conceal it, but should you have to use it in self defense and be charged criminally for manslaughter, murder, etc. or if you are charged with wrongful death in civil court, the prosocution would eat you alive for carrying an "offensive" handgun. The jury of idiots would eat up every word and you would be seen as a monster and would almost certainly lose unless you had some BIG guns backing you. Could the Mark 23 be carried concealed, probably. Is it even a remotely good idea, not in the least.

Let us know where you can find a MK23 to carry. A Mark 23, maybe. Different pistols. Slight, but different.

-- Chuck
I bet you get called an a-hole a lot huh Chuck.

·
Registered
132 Posts
You can carry it in a shoulder holster under a winter coat or a field jacket. I've easily concealed a Desert Ealge (.357 mag) and it's about the same size.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I cannot wrap my brain around why someone would want to conceal something that big and slow, when there are so many better options.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I suppose you could carry an AR-15 pistol in .458 SOCOM in some sort of shoulder rig or thigh rig also with a trench coat, but I really must question the reasoning behind carrying something that is so ill suited to the job? Why not use a 1/2 inch drill motor with a screw driver bit chucked in to adjust your eye glasses too? Just because one CAN do something does not mean that the action is the wisest course to take. And winter coats and trench coats, as we all know, are year round fashionable wear, right?
The larger the bulkier the pistol the more time it is going to take you execute a draw and a shot. Two guys, equal ability, one with a Mark 23 and one with a USPC 45 up against an attacker with a knife demanding your wallet. Which one do you think has the best chance of pulling his weapon and stopping his attacker, the guy with a pistol designed for the job in a holster designed for the job or the guy with the boat anchor designed as an offensive weapon with oversized frame and slide, long barrel, and if one is carrying a Mark 23, then one would probably be 'ate up' enough to put a suppressor and LAM on it too? OK, I'm being goofy on the suppressor part, maybe not so much on the LAM.
Then comes the civil worries, IF you are around to be bothered by such trifles.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
You can do it with a shoulder rig if you can find one suitable for that frame, but draw speed will be slow especially if the rig is cheap.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I saw a thread on another forum with a guy who conceals a Mk 23 and USP45 at the same time, or two large caliber revolvers. I sh!t you not. Shoulder holsters, cover garment.

I can think of a lot better carry combos, however.

To each, there own.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Question: How is the Mark 23 any more or less of a combat handgun than an HK45, which itself was designed for the US Military Joint Combat Pistol trials?

I think a lot of you are getting paranoid when it comes to stuff like this saying lawyers will have a field day if you ever had to shoot someone with one. If that's the case, I would think the same lawyers would have a field day with the HK45, and I'm sure quite a few of you carry those.

Heaven forbid you guys carry the HK45c *TACTICAL*.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Heaven forbid......
Heaven forbid I ever shoot a hispanic person with my P2000. The prosecution will establish premeditation and turn it into a hate crime by arguing that I hate meh-hee-cans because I carry what la migra carries.

:wink:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I know this is a question of "possible" but I could not only imagine how it is big ( I just got mine delivered yesterday) but the WEIGHT. I shot about 100 rounds through the weapon and it was impressive in size and the weight of a fully loaded magazine. This was not the purpose of this gun that is for sure.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Question: How is the Mark 23 any more or less of a combat handgun than an HK45, which itself was designed for the US Military Joint Combat Pistol trials?

I think a lot of you are getting paranoid when it comes to stuff like this saying lawyers will have a field day if you ever had to shoot someone with one. If that's the case, I would think the same lawyers would have a field day with the HK45, and I'm sure quite a few of you carry those.

Heaven forbid you guys carry the HK45c *TACTICAL*.
There both combat pistols, but I'd venture the HK45 will get a lot more use with the teams. I know people will doubt that I actually know a SEAL, but all the ones I've talked too (and I know quite a few and several are true friends) said that the MK 23s stayed in the armory almost all of the time, along with the MP5s after 556 ammo caught up. Not saying they were never used, but the P226 was their sidearm and the MK 23 was a specialty suppressed weapon, and not often needed.

·
Registered
234 Posts
There both combat pistols, but I'd venture the HK45 will get a lot more use with the teams. I know people will doubt that I actually know a SEAL, but all the ones I've talked too (and I know quite a few and several are true friends) said that the MK 23s stayed in the armory almost all of the time, along with the MP5s after 556 ammo caught up. Not saying they were never used, but the P226 was their sidearm and the MK 23 was a specialty suppressed weapon, and not often needed.
My question was a rhetorical one, but thank you for the miscellaneous information. Stuff like that is interesting to me. With that said, I still think a lot of folks here are paranoid.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
a lot of folks here are paranoid.
No! It's not paranoia! The communists are sapping our precious bodily fluids by flouridating our water!

(Brownie points for anyone who knows where that's inspired from)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts