HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. First post and all. I enjoy HK's, so hopefully this will be the start of many posts. Now, to the post.

All of my firearms have a light on them. The light I chose for the Mk23 is a xh35. But I need either the rail adaptor or to drill/tap and epoxy a rail directly to the frame. I've had good success with adding rails to several rifles in that manor with no issues (the oldest one is a bipod mount on a 300wm - 9 years with no issues).

I'm looking for either project advice or someone that has done this and their opinion. I do not sell firearms, so resale is not something I think about - functionality and longevity are.

The cons on the adaptor is that is adds weight and worse, rail height to the XH35. The pro is that it's a tested design and made to integrate to the Mk23.

The cons of the hard mount rail are that it's will slightly obscure the sn (will have to use a flashlight to see the corners under the rail) and it cannot be removed without ruining the frame. The pro is that it will be the lowest profile setup, putting the light controls where they are meant to be (matching my other XH35s) and it will be as indestructable as the frame itself.

What do you think?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the site--- that is a bright light--- why not the GG&G adapter (?):

https://www.gggaz.com/hk-mk-23-light-and-laser-mount.html

Tony

Hello Tony. Thank you for the reply. That is the debate. Permanent mount that keeps the light controls where they're suppose to be in relation to my grip, but requires modification of the frame. Or the slide over deal, like you've linked, that lowers the controls of the light to the further reach of my finger but doesn't require frame modification.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Azimuth, thank you for the link. I saw that low profile one but that post said it was done last year, so I thought I missed it. I bought one for now and I'll get another when I get my green light on the nv setup. How well does this low pro mount hold a zero?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good thread. Just picked up a Mark 23 a week ago and I want a light rail adaptor for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got one. Very good fit and nearly no wiggle. I don't know that I'd trust it to hold a true zero too far out, but for a flashlight or within a reasonable distance, it's perfect. Remember, the only section that is actually holding the unit in place is the rear screw. The rails are a tight fit, but not clamped onto the frame via screws. I am able to wiggle the front of my XH35 a slight bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts