1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
A lot of lazy people. Does not even have the common sense to change the photos. Barrel serial number is quite clear!! %&^&& idiot. We should all start bidding and give him a $500,000 bid!!

·
HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
1,077 Posts
Someone needs to bid it beyond the Buy It Now price of $1699, because of the below statement that shows someone can still win this item with the Buy Now function, even though my bid is much higher...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just saw this posted to GB, it's another NR user "selling" a MK23 listed for far below what it would normally go for.
Same MK23 sold back in November on gunbroker for $3650.
View attachment 286388
Around here those are a $2000-$2100 hand gun. So I wouldn’t go that far, regardless of what it sold during the pandemic. We go by precovid prices on everything here or at least 2 of my local FFLs do.

Reactions: StarWolf

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Lock Stock & Barrel is located in Calif, that's why it sold so high, notice the threads are removed. Off roster gun, it was transferred as a PPT.

·
Registered
125 Posts
They’re in Cumberland, MD. Like that’s where they’re really at... lol

·
Registered
403 Posts
So what happens when/after you bid up a scam piece like that? Is the scam caught before the sale ends or does GB try to get you to pay up? And then does the scammer have to pay commission on the bid up price?

·
HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
1,077 Posts
I submitted a Fraud complaint yesterday to GB Customer Service, listing the seller's scam listings. GB has promptly removed these scammers, but someone has to take the move to notify them immediately. I see two of his five scams have since ended; I fear two buyers are about to get a rude awakening on scam auctions from NR sellers.

As for the Mark 23, bidding it up to the moon prevented someone from quickly using the Buy Now function and now delays the auction end. There is no way this scammer will be able to sell this gun now. GB is supposed to take their fees from the seller upon auction end, supposedly from the verifed bank account (as indicated by the Verified checkmark); I suspect GB never gets a cent from these scammers as they've figured a way around this too.

I have enough A+ ratings on GB that if this NR seller wants to give me my first-ever F rating for non payment...pfffft, bring it on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lmao! I literally was sent that auction by a friend earlier & he was all excited at the prospect of a Mk23 for 1600. I warned him to steer clear. Those bids are looooooool! You guys are great.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks to all for exposing this scam. This what the site is about.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Alright, you guys are making me pay for this one. But it isn't often you see "California special" Mark 23s.

Put my max a little higher now. ;) Best of luck winning, you poors

·
HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
1,077 Posts
Awe, I guess someone's feelings got all bent out of shape; 'send you a tissue via Venmo? Guess I got CB'd on further bidding; its up to you guys now...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Awe, I guess someone's feelings got all bent out of shape; 'send you a tissue via Venmo? Guess I got CB'd on further bidding; its up to you guys now...

View attachment 286484
I specifically asked him if he could block you. I felt you would drive up the price even more and I really do not want to spend over $100,000 for this fine pistol!

·
Registered
175 Posts
GB is fast becoming armslist.
Not to be that guy.....But this site isn’t much better. Make a WTB thread and I promise you a scammer will reach out to you by the weekend saying he doesn’t have what you want, but if you email this person, they have all that you desire

1 - 20 of 28 Posts