HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a MK 23 (1997) for a good deal. It has been fired 3 times, but by the looks of it you would say it was new. The owner had two and I asked if he mistakenly sent me the NIB one and he laughed and said "No, I put 3 rounds down that barrel, cleaned it and it's been sitting in the safe next to the other one since 1997". So now the question is, do I shoot it or keep it for the collection? How much will I kill the vaule if I shoot this thing?

TIA

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,572 Posts
IMO, you'll derive far more pleasure from shooting it than you will from worrying about getting your money out of it. That pistol is a joy to shoot. Use it for what it was intended to do!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
No matter how good it looks it is still used already so I say FIRE AWAY! Besides used one are still bringing a pretty penny too.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
HKs are for shooting not looking at! There is a certain beauty to them but that beauty is functional.

·
Registered
851 Posts
My personal mantra in all my hobbies is whatever I buy, I have to be able to use it. Be it pool cues, Japanese swords, watches, or guns, if it sits around gathering dust, out it goes. So with that said, shoot the Mark 23. One of the finest shooting guns I've personally ever experienced.

·
Registered
239 Posts
SHOOT IT! If it bothers you that much, buy one of the newer ones that aren't worth as much collection-wise and fire the hell out if it and store away the KH date code gun. I shoot my KH gun and have a NIB KG gun that I'm collecting. After putting wear on tear on my first Mark 23 I just had to have one around that always looked new.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Shoot it already. I think we're seeing a pattern here.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
SHOOT IT!!!! Life is too short not to. Like another guy said, buy another one if you want a safe queen.

·
Registered
392 Posts
If I had a Mark 23 I would never get rid of it anyway. Shoot that bee-otch!
So true.....I bought mine at a low price, and intended on holding it until the prices went up.

However, just holding it in my hands made me want to shoot it, and.....well......I did, and I can say we will part ways when someone pries it from my cold dead hands.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts