HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Interesting info. I know a lot of guys in the Teams wern't to fond of the MK23 due to it's size and shot the sig P220 mainly.

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
yes good info.........but I still hate my Mk23.....I can shoot just about any gun better than that thing......OK so I hate it.....but I aint gettin rid of it either ;)

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Hey, LP,

If you dislike your Mark 23 that much, I will gladly adopt and provide a good home, at NO COST TO YOU!!! :eek:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Very interesting info, thanks for sharing. I've shot the MK23 and it definitely shoots very well for me. I would entertain the idea of getting one if funds were more readily available. Being a small guy, I did not find the MK23 obscenely large in my hands. It does have a little bit of a "WoW" factor.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Interesting info. I know a lot of guys in the Teams wern't to fond of the MK23 due to it's size and shot the sig P220 mainly.
Where did you hear this? I never saw a SIG P220, but the standard sidearm was the SIG P226 9mm for NSW personnel. I saw exactly one MK23 in Afghanistan, strapped to the thigh of a SEAL LT, and I think he was just trying to look bad...

·
Registered
870 Posts
I ment 226 9mm. I get my sigs mixed up, Not realy a fan of them. (great gun, just not for me) I was BUDs class 224, dropped medicaly.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Where did you hear this? I never saw a SIG P220, but the standard sidearm was the SIG P226 9mm for NSW personnel. I saw exactly one MK23 in Afghanistan, strapped to the thigh of a SEAL LT, and I think he was just trying to look bad...
Do Seals really have to try that hard to look "bad"?

If my only choice was between a 226 and a MK23, I'd have the MK23 without question.

Not a fan of Sig at all.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yep, the mark23 is definatly an awesome handgun.

There are definatly things that a pistol like a Sig or beretta can do better, but the mark23 is one of the most capable semi-auto's around :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
a mk 23 fell into my lap about a month ago, and i've been nothing but happy with it. it is really big, but it fits my hands very naturally. an absolute pleasure to shoot.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Excellent CrowKiller! Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thank you for the post!!! It just makes me love my Mark 23 more! I think the Mark 23 is the perfect handgun for fat,old chairborne veterans like me!!! Tacticool forever!!! I have no over water experience,but it is the perfect handgun to engage possums and racoons that raid the chicken coop at 2-3AM,and have to be dispatched with ruthless efficiancy. Last time I did it,the neighbors had their windows open,and never heard the suppressed shot!

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's a beast...but once you get one or shoot one...you will like it!!! I actually got a nice leg rig for mine and carry it at work for tactical stuff...I have to say the feeling of knowing this thing can feed and eat any ammo you give it under any condition is the best feeling, not to mention how easy it is to point and shoot on the money! I just wish they made 15+ mags for it seeing its big enough!! :83:

PS Anyone selling a LAM for 100 bucks? LOL I want one but can't seem to cough up 1300 BUKCS!!!! yikes for a laser / light combo come on??? But anyway...I aint getting rid of mine no matter what lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts