HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up an MKE 94K and I'm wanting to finish it off as an MP5K clone. Naturally, I have a few questions...

The first things I'd like to do are replace the barrel with an actual 3-lug barrel and replace the lower with an actual HK lower. As far as replacing the lower goes, I'm confused. The 94K receiver has a plug - I know this from reading the conversion forums and posts, but what does this mean, exactly? I'm staring at the receiver and it does indeed look like something's been welded as a plug, but how does this affect replacing the lower? Is it possible to make it to where I can swap it out on my own? Or are all of the mods associated with it permanent?

Also, what is a "swing-down" lower and how does it functionally differ from the MKE 94? I've never held an actual MP5 before, hence the somewhat noobish questions as I have nothing to compare the MKE to.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
You cannot have a swing down lower. That's all you need to know for that one. As far as swapping the lower, you need to have one clipped and pinned. If you take your time, you can do it yourself. Google clipped and pinned. It's been discussed almost too much.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You cannot have a swing down lower. That's all you need to know for that one. As far as swapping the lower, you need to have one clipped and pinned. If you take your time, you can do it yourself. Google clipped and pinned. It's been discussed almost too much.
Thanks - I thought so, but I just needed clarification as to the correct terms. I think I can go from here.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Actually, a full auto lower should fit on without modification (no clip necessary). Of course, the trigger pack won't fit but the lower housing should. Notice the lower in these pictures:

No modifications at all. Again, a full auto trigger pack won't fit because of the shelf but the housing with a semi pack will fit.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Wilhelm, I forgot about that. You're absolutely right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts