HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I received my F1 back about 3 weeks ago for my SBR MKE. When installing my 922r parts I noticed that the spring and detent were MIA. I installed a new set tonight, now I need to go lift weights in order to cock the pistol. I'm assuming that since this is a new spring that I will have to work the cocking handle many times in order to break it in. Is this normal? I litterly have to use two hands to cock it. It was not a smooth gun to cock in the first place, now it is just a beast.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
You may have installed the cocking tube support at the wrong timing. On a K-gun, pointing forward, the detent should be facing the right side. If you installed the support so the detent is on the left, it can be difficult to unlock.

I have also found that if you use a standard MP5 detent spring, it can apply too much tension. If this is the case, simply cut 1-2 coils off the spring.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe. I did indeed have it timed wrong. Cut 2 coils off the spring, rotated to the right, worked like a charm. I received my F1 back several weeks ago and finally had the time to send it off for engraving today.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Thanks Joe. I did indeed have it timed wrong. Cut 2 coils off the spring, rotated to the right, worked like a charm. I received my F1 back several weeks ago and finally had the time to send it off for engraving today.
Awesome! Put some photos up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts