HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to go ahead and put in my US made parts today for my MKE94 trigger pack. I had bought a PTR91 hammer, sear, and trigger, and US made cocking handle. I went to push out the hammer pivot pit and a little chunk of the pin popped out of the other side. Basically the pin had been split in 2 for who knows how long. I have had the gun since June last year, and put probably 500-600 rounds through it on multiple range visits.

I am not sure whether to be impressed that the gun has been shooting the whole time or unimpressed that the pin broke after so few rounds!

So the real problem is that after I got the hammer out I realized I had a pinned version, with the US made hammer being a non-pinned type! Strike 2. My question is: Is there a way to get that pin out of the hammer so I can reuse the hammer shank and spring? Or should I just buy a new unpinned shank? Thanks guys.

Original MKE pinned hammer and shank on left, Right side: New US made ptr91 hammer.

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
Just get an unpinned shank. HKParts.net or RTGparts should have them I think. G3 shank will work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I think I am going to just get the unpinned part, I need a new hammer pivot pin anyways, so may as well splurge the extra 5 bucks!

·
Grand Chazzar
3,353 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can grind the old pinned hammer strut rivet off & use the US hammer not pinned .
Just remember the next time you take it apart .
If I remember correctly I did it on my 53k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts