HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster here. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a MKE ATI-94 clone and have a few questions. First off are these things any good? I read a few posts that said they were good. I also just got off the phone with a parts distributor that said they were Turkish garbage and recommended that I go a different route. Also if I want it to accept HK mags, I will need to remove the welded bars in the mag well. I will also need to add 6 US parts? Last question, how difficult is it to install the US made trigger box that HKparts.net sells? If anyone has done this to the ATI-94 clone I would appreciate any input.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Don't take this personally but it sounds like you have been talking to one of those misinformed jackwagons moderators @ barfcom. They remind me of the gunshow slob with the 9th grade education that tells you that you are a dope because bubba knows all there is to know about guns. Most of the folks here do know about what they speak. Do yourself a favor and search the forum here. The MKE guns are no longer imported and they are far from junk. They are military grade manufactured. No, they are not HK quality but work 100% and not everyones cup of tea due to sear limitations. If you get an MKE-AT94p it is a pistol and as long as you keep it such 922 is moot and it will accept 30 round unaltered magazines. The carbine version has mag well blocks and is already 922 compliant unless you remove those or change the grip/stock assembly. I can appreciate that you came to this forum for informed opinion because alot of folks here are very much that, more so than myself. Others will chime in to answer your queary. Oh and welcome :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well im relatively new and looking at the same clone. These are made on HK tooling and they're licensed to build HK so they do have to pass some quality standards. You will have to modify the magwell on the RIFLE model the pistol model doesn't have them. Most build off pistol model to avoid it but I've read its easy to modify Now I'm not 100% sure on this shouldn't they should already be 922r compliant seeing as they were imported but I've read conflicting things on that matter. Best of luck I'm picking up a clone as well as looking for a real HK94

·
Premium Member
3,181 Posts
I'm guessing that the "parts distributor" doesn't deal in the MKE firearms but I'll bet he was recommending something that he does carry and sell right? MKE guns might not be the prettiest one at the prom but she'll perform and isn't that what everyone wants?

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
They are 100% 922r compliant as they are. When you start modifying them by removing blocks and modifying things, you can run into 922r issues and other issues as well.

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
I'm guessing that the "parts distributor" doesn't deal in the MKE firearms but I'll bet he was recommending something that he does carry and sell right? MKE guns might not be the prettiest one at the prom but she'll perform and isn't that what everyone wants?
Well sure. The "parts distributor" would naturally want you to buy what HE has for sale... you have to be smart enough to realize where you want this to go and what your plans for it are.

Sometimes, when you add up what the changes will entail, what the labor to do some of these changes will cost, etc... you might be getting by cheaper by buying a custom build clone made right here in the U.S. If you intend to change nothing and just shoot it as is AND you're happy with that, then by all means, pull the trigger on the deal. It WILL shoot and work... but you won't have all the CDI features that todays modern Mall Ninja demands. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
.... MKE guns might not be the prettiest one at the prom but she'll perform and isn't that what everyone wants?
I have to tell you, mine looks pretty damn good. Welds are clean. I know Shattered saw some early imports that left a lot to be desired, but I get oohs and ahhhs at the range - even when closely examined. Sorry guys, just a little sensitive I guess.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I love mine, but don't expect any support from ATI in the area of warranty. My LP went tits up in December and it took ATI 6 mos to tell me that they have no spare parts.

Other than that, I love mine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have to tell you, mine looks pretty damn good. Welds are clean. I know Shattered saw some early imports that left a lot to be desired, but I get oohs and ahhhs at the range - even when closely examined. Sorry guys, just a little sensitive I guess.

ecsuser, would you mind sharing who manufactured your barrel shroud?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sure, it also came with a foregrip that I left off.

Look at the barrel shroud section.

Welcome to E&L Manufacturing

$36 dollars and change.
Oh yeah....I was looking at E&L for my AT94A2, in fact I even bookmarked the page. How do you like it and how is the fit and finish? I was skeptical because of that really funky looking foregrip. Is it just a threaded hole on the bottom if you leave it off? How is it attached to the barrel and does it leave a mark? If your first hand experience is good, I'll order one for my USC too.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Oh yeah....I was looking at E&L for my AT94A2, in fact I even bookmarked the page. How do you like it and how is the fit and finish? I was skeptical because of that really funky looking foregrip. Is it just a threaded hole on the bottom if you leave it off? How is it attached to the barrel and does it leave a mark? If your first hand experience is good, I'll order one for my USC too.
The foregrip just screws into the bottom of the shroud. Fit and finish is top notch. I have not removed since installation so I cannot attest to the small mark that is most assuradely present. Before installation, I originally thought about putting some tape on the area of the barrel where the set screw would seat; but I decided against it. I'm trying to not be so anal these days.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I love my MKE 94P. (almost as much as the wife)

I moved it up to a carbine with 922R compliant parts, and am now waiting for my SBR paperwork.

Been shooting it so much I had to invest in reloading equipment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts