HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Got 2, awesome guns if you are not interested in sear capabilities. (however, FWIW some have removed the receiver block and mentioned ATF didn't have a problem with it.)

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Not the prettiest girls at the ranch but they'll show you a good time.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Has anyone gotten a legit letter about welding in a shelf and removing the full auto bolt block? Really would like to make mine sear ready.....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Has anyone gotten a legit letter about welding in a shelf and removing the full auto bolt block? Really would like to make mine sear ready.....
i

There def. seem to be differing opinions re: this topic.
RDTS has an MKE with new shelf installed listed on subguns
"
2. Remove the 1/4" square That acts as the group ledge and replace it with a HK receiver ledge and machine the group to fit on the ledge. This insures any HK German semi-auto spec group will fit on this MP5SD.
"

I see no mention of receiver mods + FA carrier....

NFA Firearms Ads

On the flipside, I've read somewhere Michael's Machines will do the full-kahuna FA conversion (perhaps he has a letter?)

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Got 2, awesome guns if you are not interested in sear capabilities. (however, FWIW some have removed the receiver block and mentioned ATF didn't have a problem with it.)
Wanna bet they didn't even check with ATF?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
You won't get one either. It's one of those grey areas but some folks some with ALOT to lose if this were illegal, have done this and offered them for sale and indicated ATF was indifferent to this. I don't know if they have been in contact with ATF about this and don't really care. Long mountain outfitters and C&S metall-werkes have done these. It would be best to directly contact them for further information but it is what it is.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Interesting thought, but as you should know, any letter covers the letter writer ONLY. So even if somebody else did it AND got a letter, it does NOT give you permission to do the same.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
When LMO first started selling these I tried to find a reliable answer to the sear use + modified MKE....and basically got many opposing opinions. And no...I didnt contact or ask the ATF. Thread is somewhere in the bowels of this board I imagine if someone wants to go digging. Ultimately, I decided not to buy an MKE b/c of that lack of clarity.

-HH

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Interesting thought, but as you should know, any letter covers the letter writer ONLY. So even if somebody else did it AND got a letter, it does NOT give you permission to do the same.
Thats good to know.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Very true on the letters, but I figure its better than just word of mouth or a scientific wild ass guess. Either way I should a bought more mkes..... can't believe how much they're going for these days

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I am doing the same jcabbbang, mine is also stupid accurate as a pistol, I can't wait to get my stamp (hopefully only 4 or 5 months away!)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
You can easily pick off clay pigeons all day long with these in SBR configuration at 50 yards. I can't see any accuracy difference at all between the 16" model and the K at that distance. I haven't tried them any further out than that. The MKE's are one of the few firearms I own that lived up to every single expectation I have had of it. You can mud them up and beat them around all you want and they don't jam. They're as reliable as a VZ58. They are just plain schweet!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I own one of these and I am really glad that I got it when I did. They seemed to dry up rather quickly after I convinced myself into making the purchase. The welds look nice on mine but the triple frame looks a little crude. Doesnt bother me to the point that I would replace it. I saw some sell on here recently and they seemed to move fast. I would jump on it if you find one, they are fun.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Either way I should a bought more mkes..... can't believe how much they're going for these days
Hindsight is 20-20... look at the SW5's that initially sold for $600 apiece... I bought four. Should have gotten 10. The CA-89s "summer sale" at $900 apiece for pistol variants. There was even some 21s (SW-21s?) that fire-saled at $3000 a copy.

Then again... you could have gotten the original German HK 94s, 93, and 91 at prices in the $600 range back in the day. Thnak your politicians, whichever flavor you voted for...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I knew from day 1 that these were going to go up in value. It was a nobrainer really. In just a couple of years (maybe less) these are going to be pushing 3000. It's like everything else. Folks bash stuff when it's available and then when they're gone it's a case of "I shoulda' bought it when I had the chance". I sold a bunch of stuff (including some HK's) and stocked up on MKE's. A few of my buddies couldn't understand and said "It's not a real HK". I said "who cares ?" Now they want to buy one from me. Forethought can be just as good as hindsight if you're thinking clearly. My advise to anyone STILL on the fence about these fine firearms......get one (or more) while you still can.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a K and it is stupid accurate. I too am waiting on the stamp man for this thing and it will be an even better shooter with a stock and grip.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yep,
Looking at the TOS where ATI has a rep onboard, it looks like the imported numbers of the K's werent that many, and ESPECIALLY the Ps...
"250 of the .223 Cal rifles
700 of the 9mm rifles
1100 K model pistol
550 P model pistol"
Tempted to look for a P and chop the barrel down. Once again though, afraid to really invest deep in these without any solid knowledge of whether they can ever have their full auto block removed...
Oh well.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
You can easily pick off clay pigeons all day long with these in SBR configuration at 50 yards. I can't see any accuracy difference at all between the 16" model and the K at that distance. I haven't tried them any further out than that.
100 meters not a problem. I rountinely zero all pistol cal rifles at this distance using 2-3 moa red dots. K's included!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts