HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Vendor
7,529 Posts
Dont drop an MKE or POF pack into an SEF housing. If you move the selector to F, THE PACK WILL CAUSE THE GUN TO SLAM FIRE!!! The Turks failed to relocate the trigger stop pin to the proper semi-only position. I have heard that this has been corrected on the newer imports however I have not verified.

· Vendor
7,529 Posts
They did not relocate the original sear pin. It's in the original location, and all they did was shave the sear down and remove the engagement surface from the hammer.

Thanks for posting this hkshooterusp, I've railed about this before.

I thought to replace it with a roller, as in the moved pin semi-auto designs, but that won't work.

Recontouring the sear such that it no longer touches the hammer, but still has the tail for the spring tab is the only way I can see unless you want to move the pin.
I forgot about this! It's bewildering that the ATF let this go when they have set a previous precedent for roller-lock semi-auto packs.

Thanks for speaking up, Joe. Good info. But you said Turks and mentioned POF. Did POF make the same error as the Turks then?
Yep, POF did (did not) the same.

· Vendor
7,529 Posts
Ok, cool.

I just checked my MKE pack and the trigger won't over travel and allow the rifle to slam fire. With the selector completely removed even. There's a big round block welded to the frame that stops the tail.
Have no idea how old or new this pack is, I got it used from the market place. But now after some thought I need to check my POF pack.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Good. I heard that they were going to address it. You just verified! :)

FYI--the block would be there regardless--it's the location of the block. f/a packs have the block higher, s/a pack have it slightly lower.

Cheers!
Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.