HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time filling out a form 1 ever.

What should I enter on the length box?

I haven't made up my mind on which Choate or B&T stock to use, so that complicates things.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Lyapunov:

I tend to use the numbers HK publishes for overall length for the model in question. If you one of the Hk Law Enforcement catalogs it will have some info you can use.
Looked up the Hk MP5k-PDW stats for you: Hk says the PDW barrel is 5.5 inches long and the overall length is 23.74" with the stock deployed. I think that Zenieth
says its PDW barrel is 5.8 inches on its web site. I have heard that the ATF wants the overall length to be with the stock deployed i.e. the longest configuration.

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
Lyapunov:

I tend to use the numbers HK publishes for overall length for the model in question. If you one of the Hk Law Enforcement catalogs it will have some info you can use.
Looked up the Hk MP5k-PDW stats for you: Hk says the PDW barrel is 5.5 inches long and the overall length is 23.74" with the stock deployed. I think that Zenieth
says its PDW barrel is 5.8 inches on its web site. I have heard that the ATF wants the overall length to be with the stock deployed i.e. the longest configuration.
Let me clarify!! Shortest configuration with stock deployed. I assumed that would be a given as that is what the ATF guidelines state.

So, now that that is clear, I always put the shortest possible length (stock fully deployed) I plan on running it. Which stock is shorter?? If I have an AR15 lower I SBR and multiple length uppers I use the OAL with shortest upper and stock fully deployed!! Never had a Form denied doing so.. YMMV and do as you see fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts