HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Pretty new to this HK stuff. Have a zenith mke mp5k clone. I'd like to swap the barrel to a threaded and 3 lugged barrel. Any suggestions on brands and places to get them?
This is going to be a sample SBR select fire rig.

·
PROUD ASA MEMBER
355 Posts
Hey guys,
Pretty new to this HK stuff. Have a zenith mke mp5k clone. I'd like to swap the barrel to a threaded and 3 lugged barrel. Any suggestions on brands and places to get them?
This is going to be a sample SBR select fire rig.
Buy a Z5-P. That's my advice anyway. I don't know why anyone would purchase a K, you're limiting your options as you've figured out. You'll have to purchase a barrel and pay a smith for the work. Go to HKparts.net for the barrel. Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Buy a Z5-P. That's my advice anyway. I don't know why anyone would purchase a K, you're limiting your options as you've figured out. You'll have to purchase a barrel and pay a smith for the work. Go to HKparts.net for the barrel. Good luck!
I get it. that might be an option down the line but right now this is what i am working with. WE are a SOT with a class 7 mfg license. We can do the smithing work to swap the barrels. Just trying to figure out what barrels are actually good barrels and what are junk that is known to have issues.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Well, you're looking for properly fluted chamber, preferably cold hammer forged like factory barrels, and from someone who understands the tolerances so it fits a factory trunnion. In that case, B&T is your best option at about $500 from HKParts (being a supplier to HK themselves over the years), and then Michaels Machines, who builds quality into everything he does. Beyond that, and maybe RCM which gets good reviews here, your choices are somewhat limited.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts