HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an Omega Full Size barreled receiver from Atlantic this week and ordered an MLOK handguard from HKParts. The Omega shipped with a regular black plastic US stamped handguard and retaining pin. I removed those and tried to install the MLOK handguard, but the hole on the front of the handguard extends past the hole on the gun that accepts the pin by a small amount preventing installation.

Is the gun out of spec? If so, why does it fit the polymer handguard with no problem? Or is the HKParts MLOK handguard out of spec? Has anyone tried it, and if so did it fit properly?

Firearm Gun Trigger Assault rifle Airsoft

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
I think that other screw ( the Allen head) is supposed to allow adjustability to the 'yoke' so that you can align the mounting screw.

In spec, is debatable. But, you should be able to adjust the handguard to your specific firearm. Dakota tactical makes their handguard this way as well, and while I did not need it for my PCS gun, it was nice that it was available.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. The handguard shipped without instructions so didn't even think about those little screws. I just loosened all of them and can just barely clear the main screw into the other side.

·
Registered
87 Posts
By barely, you mean you did get it to fit? These things are supposed to go on hella tight, it's not a quick-change part like the plastic guards.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By barely, you mean you did get it to fit? These things are supposed to go on hella tight, it's not a quick-change part like the plastic guards.
I mean because of the angle the screw just barely cleared the holes. I'm going to Rocksett it and leave it on there permanently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts