HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were ordering a new one from Mike. What options would you go for. I was thinking 223 with 308 conversion and an extra barrel for each. I like the option of a spec war suppressor on both also. Maybe 1 barrel of each caliber. I have a fleming sear in a safe, semi, burst, FA pack. Spoke to him today and have been looking at the web site. Would like to hear opinions. I know it's expensive but what MG isn't. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
If you have the cash I'd go for the 21E/23E variant with the enhanced feed mechanism, the conversion kit with the extra barrels, and make sure you get a rail and VFG so you can stiff arm it ;)

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
I don't think they are expensive. At least not compared to the ammo you are going to shoot through it! Belt-fed shooters are fun to talk to because they know how much ammo costs by the pallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,703 Posts
Well heck, if you can swing 20k rounds for just one shoot, than give some serious thought to a MM23EK!!!!

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
20 belt feds? That is a pretty wild collection. Some folks I know have 2-3, you must really have the bug!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
833 Posts
Consider a rail on the receiver.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2 people pushing the rail. I do like the idea of a VF grip. Not much into scopes and what not on belt feds. Although I have an Eotech on the 249.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I would say just get a removable top rail made by B&T or another reputable brand. That way if you don't like it, you can always take it off :)

As for the VFG...

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
You're probably all over this, but I highly recommend the MG-42 anti-aircraft tripod with the bipod rail adapter so you can shoot standing up. Great for shooting at drones as well at Big Sandy. Not sure if you have drones at the creek tho. I recommend giving Mike a call and just shooting the sh1t with him over the phone. Tell him what you've got and see what he recommends. He's always cooking up something new so you might be able to scoop something none of us have, making us incredibly jealous. :160000:

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Top Rail, VFG, MG-42 Tripod and Adapter are a must. I like a 3 or 9 o'clock rail on the forearm for a DBAL or a rail on top and forward on the cocking tube. I like mounting the beltfeds to the jeep with the adapter and chasing pigs with a DBAL and NV helmet mounted. If you have the cash, 7.62 and 5.56 Kits, with an extra barrel for each caliber.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I originally ordered mine without the rail, then later told them i change my mind and want it..
I believe You can still utilize any claw mount with the rail on it.

I ordered all 3 calibers, and ill be getting 2 barrels for each caliber, mines not the "K"
If i order the "K" down the road i believe i can use the feed mechs i already have but only the .223 barrels.
So id need the "k" and a set of barrels...barrels are cheaper than feed mechs..i dont remember what the exact deal was but i want heavy barrels and it may have been a factor...

I dying to get mine now that my sear is close to being in my possesion.

I want michael machine to rig me up an adapter that instead of holding the box it attaches this feed cute and minigun can i got...im going to get a smaller feed can as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is the third caliber 7.62 x 39. What links or belts does that use?
Yes x39, i never heard back about what link/belt is used...its clearly not the 5.56 link so i would assume you use disintegrating/non disintegrating 7.62x51 belts.

Im dieing to have it, while the aries MCR is light and fun, the weight of the hk will make it a nicer shooter and will last 5 times as long as the aluminium MCR. Ill probably buy the sbr version mm21/23k after i wear out me 2nd mcr upper.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Extra .223 barrel for sure. and I agree with getting the rail also. I love the Aimpoint Compm4 on it. VFG is nice to have along with the MG42 tripod adapet. The best thing I got on mne was the SAW box adapter. You can run the 200 round SAW box or the 100 and 200 round nut sack.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I went 21/23EK, with long and short barrels for each setup. I honestly put much thought into the K before settling on it, tough deciding between authenticity versus cool factor if you will. No doubt I would have enjoyed the standard version also but man oh man, once I shot that short barrel in the 21 I knew I made the right choice.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had a real hard time not getting the e and the ek..having just purchased the sear a couple weeks prior, the ultimate e,ek package with all calibers was just too much . once i receive my e im going to try ordering the ek minus the feed mech.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts