HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for all you K-model owners out there. Needless to say the K-model is awesome, but there is a bit of a hiccup if you still like to have a full-size bipod. Personally I don't use it much but it's nice for setting the gun down...and it looks pretty cool under there also. Anyway, when folded, the legs are too long and that causes the feet to hit the feed mechanism which doesn't allow them to snug up under the gun. So I took some measurements, made a couple of small parts and did a little machining to make telescoping legs. Obviously if you don't mind the legs being a little shorter you can always just chop them down (you can buy a modified K-model bipod from MM that has the legs shortened). I think it's kind of cool so I thought I'd share...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
This is for all you K-model owners out there. Needless to say the K-model is awesome, but there is a bit of a hiccup if you still like to have a full-size bipod. Personally I don't use it much but it's nice for setting the gun down...and it looks pretty cool under there also. Anyway, when folded, the legs are too long and that causes the feet to hit the feed mechanism which doesn't allow them to snug up under the gun. So I took some measurements, made a couple of small parts and did a little machining to make telescoping legs. Obviously if you don't mind the legs being a little shorter you can always just chop them down (you can buy a modified K-model bipod from MM that has the legs shortened). I think it's kind of cool so I thought I'd share...
Nicely done.

Very nice indeed!
My adjustable bipods are just about done.
MM
Looking foward to photos. In many cases have actually liked the shorter bi-pod on the MM23eK when shooting, in paticular on the ranges that go down hill in part. In any case let me know if there is an option to send in a short one for being rebuilt or need to get a new one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, my hats off to you sir. You have prefectally combined the best of both worlds. I have the full size bi-pod with my K and I would swap it out for one of these in a heart-beat.

So mike, you've got my interest peaked as well..when might we see some pic's of the ones you're working on?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts