HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Many delivery dates have come and gone.Funny how it was only going to be $4K and now its $12K.Probably no original depositors left.I know I got out a couple of years ago after I waited a couple of years.I did get my deposit back,so no complaints.File this one with the Shrike,The 308 Betas and the AA G8 drums.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Many delivery dates have come and gone.Funny how it was only going to be $4K and now its $12K.Probably no original depositors left.I know I got out a couple of years ago after I waited a couple of years.I did get my deposit back,so no complaints.File this one with the Shrike,The 308 Betas and the AA G8 drums.
To bad you got out as I would give almost anything to get one at that price. I personaly shot a HK23e with Mikes feed mech on it. It was great. I just sent Mike the vidio so he could post it. As for the shrike I talked to Jeff and was told no orders untill next spring. So my money is on the MM23e and maybe the 308 Bata mag I prepayed for a year and a half ago.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Like a fine european race car, the MM 23E is something unfortunately, that I will have to admire and appreciate from a distance. Very nice indeed!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I would be happy to provide the info on the drums if I had it. It was just another vendor on a mountain in Kentucky with a red tablecloth. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. If anything, maybe you or one of the other crafty gentleman on this board got an idea for a new project. Who knows what kind of money those high cap feed devices would command in time!

·
Registered
827 Posts

Hey Schlinger:
What is that interesting gun with the pump action? Looks like something fron Aliens. Also, was the prototype MM23E completely constructed from MM parts? I saw his video with the post sample using his feed mechanism. BTW I sent in my payment for one about 2 months ago.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Okay buddy,

You have my attention! Who was selling those converted MG15 drums???? Could I please have the contact info???

Thank you
HART1
They have been down there for sale for years.I cannot remember who it was?I think they were asking like $750 or something?They were high or I would have had one.

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
+1 on the Aliens pulse rifle! I would love to know more about it! Is it an actual firearm or just a mock up? What is it an SBR and AOW or is FA as well?

" Well why don't you put her in charge?"

Regards,

R

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ah yes, the M41A Pulse Rifle from Aliens and Alien 3. It's actually a mix of 2 firearms; a Thompson M1A1 SMG (Tommy Gun) and the attached fore end of a Franchi SPAS-12 shotgun with a Remington 12 Gauge Model 870P receiver with barrel. There are a few resources on the web that has mock up parts and kits, etc. etc. but I've only heard of the originals made for Aliens as being working firearms. If you wanted one bad enough, this could be a plausible project...

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Viking 72 round .308 Drum

They have been down there for sale for years.I cannot remember who it was?I think they were asking like $750 or something?They were high or I would have had one.
I believe the price was more like $1,750. Dennis Todd was the name of the vendor who has sold them in the past. Not sure if he was the one at the last Creek. Before him C&S Metalwerks made about 20 of them. When they come up for sale and I haven't seen one for years they would go for something like $2K Theirs was somewhat different than the Viking drum in the area of the the G3 mag body. The C&S drum used a G3 mag body welded to the top of the MG15 saddle drum. Not exactly sure about the Viking drum but I am sure Dennis could explain how the Viking drum works.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
The Aliens gun was an inert prop. I'm assuming it was not an original piece. The guy was asking $300 for it. As far as the MM23- I dunno a whole lot about it. If anyone is going to SAR, it is supposed to be viewable there.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
He also said that if you have not pre ordered the price now is 12k.

Whoa... that's a bit much... even for me. 5K would have been great, $7K and I could have considered it, but 12K? That's a deal breaker....

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Well, apparently the price is now 9k for pre order and 10k for half now half later. No mention if the price will go up any more when the project is complete. (there might not be any left that are unspoken for in the first run)
I can't wait to get mne. I would consider this one of the most bad ass HK items a civvie could purchase. I can only imagine what the sticker price on these would be when the ban is in full swing. On a side note- do you guys know if a belt box is considered a high capacity feed device?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Still, that's a bit much. I was considering selling off one of my Thompsons to grab one, but using almost ALL the Thompson $$ wasn't in the plan. I have other things I want also. For 7K, I was getting close to considering it... but I'll hafta be content with firing somebody elses 23. Hey, I have tons of 223 links in anticipation of getting one. Maybe I'll just carry the linked up ammo to the shoots and I'll luck into somebody with a Stoner or a (dare I say it?) Shrike?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts