HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide which way to go. I like the looks of the full sized gun but being able to shoot from the shoulder would be a big plus. I have a Shrike for my M16. The whole thing only weighs 9lb. I'm thinking the K length is still going to be heavy in comparison. I'm really looking for a .308 and I'm thinking of getting a MM21Elite. I can't help to think that I would be ahead in the long run to spend the extra money on a E gun. But I can buy a 21 and lots of ammo for the price of the MM21E.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Also HAD a Shrike and went with the K as not bad off hand and can hit something at one to two hundred yards on full auto, where the Shrike on a bipod had a huge beaten zone. Don't know the difference in weights, at this time, but the MM23eK holds nicer off hand than the full size MM23e.

With the caliber change options of 223, 7.62x39 (coming) and 308 I would go with the M23e or M21e any day over the fixed 308 version.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Just got done shooting the shorter K barrel for the first time and the K makes all the difference in the world for shooting off had vs the full size MM23e. While still a heavy gun, the MM23eK held nicely on full auto and the front grip vertical. Since then one of the guys moved the grip to the 45 deg side slot to clean the belt box/bag and holds even nicer.

In comparison the Shrike on the Colt M16A1 was lighter but had a very large beaten zone, even of the bipod.

At the moment too busy cleaning to post photos or video ..... later ;-)

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
JTinIN two questions. What kind of belt box are you using, and did you weigh 23ek yet? I'm curious what the difference is compared to the full size.
Don't own a belt box yet, original HK belt boxes for 223 are well north of a grand plus are hard to find. Friend has and original HK for his, that I can borrow, however, until a nice clone belt box is on the market, will use the SAW adapter plate and nut sacks (in particular the 100 round sacks when shooting off hand ;-).

Had both the K and friends full size out, but no scales handy (besides had dirty guns to clean). In comparing the two guns, noticed off had that possible more important than total weight was the difference in balance, with the K not being front heavy.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Don't own a belt box yet, original HK belt boxes for 223 are well north of a grand plus are hard to find. Friend has and original HK for his, that I can borrow, however, until a nice clone belt box is on the market, will use the SAW adapter plate and nut sacks (in particular the 100 round sacks when shooting off hand ;-).

Had both the K and friends full size out, but no scales handy (besides had dirty guns to clean). In comparing the two guns, noticed off had that possible more important than total weight was the difference in balance, with the K not being front heavy.
fwiw, Mike Otte told me he was working on a belt box & it sounded like it was close to being done.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
fwiw, Mike Otte told me he was working on a belt box & it sounded like it was close to being done.
The "clone" belt box I was thinking of is the same one from Mike you are talking about. Been shooting the K with the short barrel out to 250 yards on steel and works nicely off hand for myself and friends. Typically go with a 100 round belt off hand, in particular when friends are shooting ;-). We are having an assault rifle course coming up an thinking of using the K for one of the runs, not sure if will use the the 200 round box of the friends, but would be interesting ;-).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.