HKPRO Forums banner

MM23E-K is awesome in .223 and .308

2895 Views 13 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  JTinIN
I finally got to shoot my new toy. It's a smooth shooting rifle. My only complaint is the weight. Its a pretty heavy. Especially the long .308 barrel. .223 has basically no recoil. .308 is very mild. I have neck and shoulder problems so I was a little intimidated by the .308 kit ,but holding the gun up to shoot bothers me much more than the recoil. The recoil is no worse than an AK if that bad.

MM23E-K.mp4 video by USPSA13 - Photobucket
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wait time was about 4 months. It took a little longer than estimated. I have waited longer for lesser quality HK clones. The build quality really impressed me. All I had to do was modify my trigger pack to work. First time out it ran 100% in 223. I had a few jams with the 308 but I think that was a bad belt or me not supporting the belt. It's awesome to buy something that actually works out of the box.

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 7.62x39 kit would be nice. It would render my PTR 32 completely obsolete. I emailed Mike a while back about one. I believe he said that it would be about a year before they are out. My .308 setup is cool but the last .308 ammo I bought was 40 cents a round delivered. I can damn near shoot 100 round belts of 7.62x39 for the price of a 50 round belt of .308.

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great vid dude! Glad you enjoy the gun. I have a full size but am kinda jealous of you MM23eK guys....

-HH
The K gun is nice off hand with the short barrel in .223. My long barrel .308 set up looks a little funny to me. It saves a little weight but I like the look of a full sized gun. Especially if the gun is on some kind of mount. If money wasn't an issue I would own both. I guess everything in life is a compromise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.