HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying an MM11 as a host for my registered trigger pack. In what ways would a mm23e plus .308 conversion be a better host gun.

·
Registered
10,283 Posts
or stockpile of ammo go down. The 11 would take a bit longer to dent the pile.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
Simply Beltfed vs mag fed. Although with the new massive 100 rnd .308 drums I guess they are converging as far as amount of lead thrown down range in short time.
I'm a mm23e + .308 kit only owner. I guess with that one gun + kit I get to shoot both .308 and .223. With mm11 it'd be .308 only, huh?

hh

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Dunno,, I've got a 23e and its cool, but for the same 12k, I could have a MM11, and MM13, and about all the 100 round drums I could cary... and probably still get nearly the joy that the belt gun provides... But I still like the cool factor that the belt gun has.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Have mike build you a MM11E,

which uses the swing down belt fed receiver with a magazine adapter installed, it should be a a bit cheaper then starting with the 23E and then you can always upgrade to the belt fed system later.

if you get the basic MM11, the gun would have to be completely cut apart and rebuilt to add the belt fed stuff

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Thinking of buying an MM11 as a host for my registered trigger pack. In what ways would a mm23e plus .308 conversion be a better host gun.
Myself have been thinking on how a MM11 or MM11k would fit in with the MM23eK, and price excluded the best answer is get both (or should one say all four ;-). My advice is go with belt gun as everything else just not really a "machine gun" ....

For the following notes, a "+" is a plus for the Belt gun and a "-" is a negative for the Belt gun (i.e. plus for the MM11).

+ Mike will most likely sell you the MM23e in just 308 (ok guess it would be a MM21e ;-) and you can get the 223 belt feed system separate at a later time.

+ No real comparison between belt guns and mag guns for shoot a lot, at a typical weekend shoot ... all you ammo comes preloaded, the cost of Beta mags for 5K rounds (low end for a good weekend shoot) is the cost of a MM23e (50 Beta mags at $300 ea). http://www.issmc.com/50bmg

+ I have Beta mags for MP5 and 223, while they work, is a pain to load ad graphite and trouble shoot compared to linking ammo

+ A mag adapter system for the MM23e(K) is an interest option, not present with the only MM11 (i.e. one is fixed at just a 308 mag gun).

+ A 200 round belt gives one a lot of shooting (i.e. 50 four round bursts) before stopping. plus belts can be longer yet.

- Cost of the belt guns tends to be two to three times higher than the mag only gun

- The weight and width of a belt gun will be higher.

? The MM23e(K) with just a mag feed system would be, but is an interesting option and might be the best call.

Regards
John

·
Registered
117 Posts
All about the experience

It is really all about the fun you are looking to have.

I have several full auto magazine fed guns.... but I was not whole..... until the belt feds iced the top of the cake.

There is a big difference between a 30 or 50 or even 100 round burst and 200 or 400 round belt.

Just my .02

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you don’t already have a belt gun, I’d go for the 23E. You won’t regret it. Shooting belts of 5.56 is less expensive than belts of 7.62 and, I think, more enjoyable. Plus, you can turn it into an 11 or 21 later.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Bottom line is the MM11 is $3500 vs $16,000 for a MM23e and 308 conversion kit, thus for a difference in price that would cover the cost of another sear, not really comparing applies and grapes ;-).
Friend has a MM13 that is a nice gun (gets less use since he got the MM23e and Shrike ;-) and you would not go wrong with the MM11 for a host gun (I keep looking at them myself in a K version ....).

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The money is a big part of the equation. 5.56 doesn't really interest me because I already have that covered with a steel M16. Would a MM11K take a full sized barrel? How much do MM11 and MM11K barrels go for?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.