HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so now that we know that there are several of us from Mobile, lets see where and what we shoot. (yes even if it is not hk...)

I shoot at:
Steve's Gun Shop in Saraland
Stix River Range in Baldwin County

I shoot:
M98 Rifle
45/70 Marlin Rifle
Mark 23
USPc9
XD45acp
FN5.7

On my shopping list:
USPCT45
SWR HEMSII Suppressor

·
Registered
6 Posts
haven't been around here for a while... I'm from Foley.

How do you like Styx River? I've been meaning to get up there with a couple buddies of mine, but never manage to make it.

I usually shoot at Gold Mine in Daphne or the Orange Beach Police range.

I shoot a bunch of different stuff, but my HK's are USP9f, P7M8, and USP45f.... haven't had a chance to get the 45 to the range yet though. I'm glad to see someone else who likes the .45-70 down here. I took it out one day in Orange Beach and everyone thought it was a .30-30 till they saw the ammo, then they just thought I was nuts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Me and some friends are planning on going to Styx River Range tomorrow morning. Anyone is welcome to join us. We are planning on grabbing breakfast on the way.

T

·
0 Posts
I don't know how many of you guys know, but there is an indoor range in Mobile, Al just off schillenger rd. I have not been there yet but I am thinking about it. I don't care for indoor ranged b/c I like to reload. I have had 2 failures with CCI AL cases

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey TiGGer,

The one out there, Steve's #2, is reload friendly, but the original in Saraland is not.

The only issues with Steve's are:
Indoors, no AC
No Rifles
Limited Handgun calibers
the owner of #1 is an a$$

That is why we head across the bay, but we are looking for someone local. Right now we are shooting out on some property that a friend of mine owns, but we have to be careful because even though it is in the county, it is not... and they can be picky at times about shooting outdoors....

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Pascagoula Shooting Club is just over the Alabama/Mississippi state line. I live in west Mobile and it is much closer to me than Styx River. I've been a member ever since the old Mobile Shooting Center range closed. The PSC is excepting new members if any of you are interested in joining. We have a very large facility. 50 yard pistol/machine gun range as well as 200, 600 and 1000 yard rifle ranges. The shooting areas are covered. There are men's and women's bathrooms with running water and electricity. We hold black powder, high power rifle, silhouette, bench rest, military surplus rifle and Garand matches.

If you want to check it out, go to http://www.pascagouladcm.com. I am the Club's web master and I'd be happy to answer any questions about the Club.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XD45,

Thanks for that info. I have been thinking about joining over there, but it is almost as far from me in saraland as stix river it. I am about to start going up to the WMA land in Stockton.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After reading about the WMA, it sounds too restrictive for me. Looks like it's set up for hunters. They require you to have a state hunting license and I bet they wouldn't care for folks shooing machine gun through those tubes. It seems very odd having to shoot through a tube. I know it's supposed to be for safty, but it looks like they've gone a little overboard. Heck, at most of our shoots we detonate Tannerite. I bet the folks that run WMA wouldn't like that at all. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys
I miss the Mobile Shooting center range, it was just 5 minutes from my house. I still shop at the store on Airport Blvd. Ashley is great.

I might join that range at Pascagula if they are still taking members.

Right now I don't own any HK stuff. I do have 2 PTR 91's. I plan purchasing a USC45 and doing the UMP conversion, although I would rather get one that has already been converted. Who actually does that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Baldwin County

I shoot primarily at Styx River. However, they don't seem to ever fix the ranges up, no matter how many times it changes hands. the shop is much better now and their skeet ranges are great. Now I wish they would improve the rifle/pistol faclities.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys
I miss the Mobile Shooting center range, it was just 5 minutes from my house. I still shop at the store on Airport Blvd. Ashley is great.
I miss it too. It was also about 5 minutes from my house.

I might join that range at Pascagula if they are still taking members.
They most certainly are excepting members. Check the website for who to talk to and the best time to join up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bumping this old thread. I'm moving down to Mobile from Dothan this fall. Are the aforementioned ranges still open? It looks like Styx river is. Any new ranges I should know about. I've only got a pistol for now, so not really worried about shooting long ranges.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Three Brothers in Stapelton is open. They have 50-300 yard rifle plus pistol ranges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts