HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody take a soldering iron to the USP or USPc grips, similar to what people have done to Glocks?
I have done some work to my 2nd generation G17, with great results, but can't find any online information about anyone attempting the same modification to a USP or USPc.
I would love to hear comments.
Thanks
John

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I think people rarely see it neccesary. USPc have more positive, less slippery grip than Glock. Some thinks that it's too aggresive and use rubber sleeve grips to soften it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I known a few people that have done it. I find it easier to put grip tape on it since I find the checkering too slippery.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I don't find it necessary either. The USPs grip texture and the stippling on the front and backstrap is much more aggressive then whats on the Glocks. Also, I have seen some Glocks done that look good, but I have also seen others that look like complete hack jobs. If anything I would just put a grip sleeve on it and call it a day.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
One more for thinking it is not necessary. I like mine the way they are.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
me too

I think the grip is much better than my stock G17 was, and the front and backstrap are very sharp.
I guess I know why nobody has this done.....its just not necessary, and, I wouldn't do it just for the hell of it. Only if it served a purpose.
+1 on the USPc 45 as a "shooter". I just love it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Pics of moded glocks?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
+1 to grip tape.

I got the brownells medium grip-tape, and it literally locks the gun in your hand, PLUS, its not permanent, and doesn't damage the value of the gun at all.

Just make sure you get all the grease or other stuff off the frame before you put it on, and it sticks very well!

Pictures for viewing pleasure :D

NOTE - Thats the factory test target for another thread!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Whoever did that XD took their time with it, it really looks good. I have seen Glocks that were mangled by people attempting to do the same thing but obviously not having any clue about how to do it. Not to mention people who attempt to "chop" their Glock grips with nothing more than a hack saw. Oh the horror!

Also, that MK23 is so nice!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Send it off to Bowie Tactical! He chopped and stippled a G19, and stippled a G21 for me and it looks like it was done at the factory. That's not all he does, either. Cool guy doing really cool stuff!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Whoever did that XD took their time with it, it really looks good.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
An XD Is the illegitimate inbred child of a Glock and a Sig. Springfield had to go all the way to the Croatia to find these bastard children because they were abandoned there by their parents in hopes that nobody would find these ugly sub-par guns. That's why they are so cheap

The XD, in ANY form scores a big fat ZERO for looks in my book.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts