HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't bother.

Yesterday I tried cutting the thumbhole section out on a spare stock I had, to see how rigid it would be. It is NOT rigid at all. Breaks with very little force, and the plastic on the top part is actually pretty soft, which surprised me.
the lower section was thicker or stronger than the top of the plastic.

Just FYI for anyone thinking of modifying their USC stock. Without MAJOR re-inforcement it won't work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have one I bought to do this exact thing. I am now considering just relieving the side where the arm/wrist rests against the plastic. About 1/2", or enough to allow a better reach at the selector. Anybody done this before?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Beware - if you modify an imported sporter into something that would not be importable but for the modification, you might be breaking the law. 18 usc 922(r). 27 CFR 478.39. Seek legal advice on this before you do too much experimentation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got it. Thanks. I think I'm OK on this one though, because I would not be taking off the "loop" of the thumbhole. I would just be removing a small portion of the width if that makes sense?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts