HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to go with a HK94 clone. I live in Ca. so the sear host and SBR are not a factor for me. I am wondering how much if any of a difference in accuracy it would make on one with a 16 inch barrel vs one with one with a fake can. Thanks.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Depends on distance and what your definition of accuracy is. Also how close to bore center the faux can is mounted will be a factor. Assuming you get a quality faux can and that it is mounted straight and to bore center, you should not see difference at distances under 25 yards. I don't shoot 9mm at anything longer than 25 yards so that's all I can comment on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can see by the below chart that you loose very little velocity between an 9 and a 16 inch barrel. With the fact that you can buy fake cans, like the one at IGF, that are designed not to "influence" the bullet, your accuracy will be spot on with the shorter barrel, in the zone the weapon is idealy designed to be used in... (7 to 100 yards)
Can you hit something over 100 yards?... yes
Can you kill it? ... yes
Should you? .... It's a debateable subject, but my experience tells me, if you think you will be firing over 100 yards with this gun, on a more than infrequent basis, then choose a weapon that is designed for it, like an AR. If you absolutely must have a PPC, I'd shoot for higher velocity ammunition, and maybe a better calliber, like 7.62x25 or 10mm.

just my 2 cents.

BBTI - Ballistics by the Inch :: 9mm Luger Results

1 - 3 of 3 Posts