HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go to about 6:09 in this interview with Angela Harrell from Heckler & Koch's marketing:

"in the works..."

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Bernie has his cabinet members "in the works". There are a few who wish for a VPsk and to me I would never CCW a striker. The P30sk gives the better LEM trigger option for the CCW users as well as more options, such as a safety and DA/SA choices. It has a great grip system already and even then, people still by the SK and add mag extensions which to me is counter productive to a sub compact anyway, unless that is the backup mag. So I see no need for a striker SK. So many would avoid it if they are after a safety. So many may avoided it for possible AD/ND risk, reasons. I am not saying there would be any more risk than any other arm and yes i know block does it... but HK leads and never follows. Its block that copied HK's striker in the first place. The VP is made to be a lower cost item, hence the thinner trigger guard. So why when the great p30sk is already here? For a few people? Well I guess since a few mentioned wanting one, if the HK engineers have spare time on their hands in the sidearms division, they might take a crack and see if it helps domestic sales. More variety these days to suffice those without clues who pick because its pretty ideals and the few who have real reasons... I could see it if the engineers had no better ideas to follow through with. After all, Hollywood makes many remakes and flops for that very same reason.
The LEM on the P30sk is practically striker fire like anyway already and a much safer and better trigger IMO.
Keep in mind, the VP9 got great reviews for its triggers based on the striker fire world.
I am not certain that the VP9 trigger would win over the LEM v1, V2 and 4.1 LEMs, ever, provided that it was a test by truly independent reasoning and not run by a bunch of old block users or those solely experience in strikers and who think hammers are for us dinosaurs, because its not that way at all.
Pro and cons side by side honestly... LEM wins for smoothness and safety reasons when used by those with proper trigger techniques. Definitely not for those who pull and/or jerk. I do not buy into bore axis at all. If I can put a smiley face on my target @25yds with e USP Tactical 45 then I call Bravo Sierra to high bore axis. Perhaps in rapid competition there might be some gnats Butt difference.
I love my VP9, but its a full size VP.
My vote is for a no thank you on the VPsk. Don't panic, I am certain HK does not worry on my vote at all.
Isn't HK in GA? She works from home I see in TX? Not surpised, but not within the inner circle daily on site either?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Go to about 6:09 in this interview with Angela Harrell from Heckler & Koch's marketing:

"in the works..."
actually she said "could be in the works"

"a couple of different colors"
wow

also interesting that the MSRP was increased from $699 to $719

"we've put 90,000 rounds through a P30 without cleaning"
:/

·
Registered
712 Posts
IMHO, if it is not G19 sized...it is a complete fail for me. HK can go the sk route on the VP9, AFTER they go the compact route. A VP9c will be a direct competitor of the G19 and people will buy it, if the price point is not close to the P30.

·
Registered
667 Posts
IMHO, if it is not G19 sized...it is a complete fail for me. HK can go the sk route on the VP9, AFTER they go the compact route. A VP9c will be a direct competitor of the G19 and people will buy it, if the price point is not close to the P30.
This x 1,000!!!!

I couldn't agree more. Not interested in a vp9sk by any means. Compact is where its at and what it should have been from the gate really.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Bernie has his cabinet members "in the works". There are a few who wish for a VPsk and to me I would never CCW a striker. The P30sk gives the better LEM trigger option for the CCW users as well as more options, such as a safety and DA/SA choices. It has a great grip system already and even then, people still by the SK and add mag extensions which to me is counter productive to a sub compact anyway, unless that is the backup mag. So I see no need for a striker SK. So many would avoid it if they are after a safety. So many may avoided it for possible AD/ND risk, reasons. I am not saying there would be any more risk than any other arm and yes i know block does it... but HK leads and never follows. Its block that copied HK's striker in the first place. The VP is made to be a lower cost item, hence the thinner trigger guard. So why when the great p30sk is already here? For a few people? Well I guess since a few mentioned wanting one, if the HK engineers have spare time on their hands in the sidearms division, they might take a crack and see if it helps domestic sales. More variety these days to suffice those without clues who pick because its pretty ideals and the few who have real reasons... I could see it if the engineers had no better ideas to follow through with. After all, Hollywood makes many remakes and flops for that very same reason.
The LEM on the P30sk is practically striker fire like anyway already and a much safer and better trigger IMO.
Keep in mind, the VP9 got great reviews for its triggers based on the striker fire world.
I am not certain that the VP9 trigger would win over the LEM v1, V2 and 4.1 LEMs, ever, provided that it was a test by truly independent reasoning and not run by a bunch of old block users or those solely experience in strikers and who think hammers are for us dinosaurs, because its not that way at all.
Pro and cons side by side honestly... LEM wins for smoothness and safety reasons when used by those with proper trigger techniques. Definitely not for those who pull and/or jerk. I do not buy into bore axis at all. If I can put a smiley face on my target @25yds with e USP Tactical 45 then I call Bravo Sierra to high bore axis. Perhaps in rapid competition there might be some gnats Butt difference.
I love my VP9, but its a full size VP.
My vote is for a no thank you on the VPsk. Don't panic, I am certain HK does not worry on my vote at all.
Isn't HK in GA? She works from home I see in TX? Not surpised, but not within the inner circle daily on site either?
Agreed.

·
Super Moderator
6,046 Posts
I completely agree with you there, but you know it'll run the 13 rounders and not the 15's, so everyone will cry foul in the non-HK world. Which has never stopped me before, but HK is trying to branch out. They know the VP9SK will be a success and can directly compete with other brands. The VP9c, while I overwhelmingly prefer and a few others will too, it will have a tougher time in the market. HK guys will buy them, but will everyone else. Which is what HK is thinking right now. The VP9 series is doing very well, to be honest we were extremely lucky to get a colored frame, and tactical variant. They listened to us there, maybe we'll get lucky enough to get the VP9c and the VP9sk.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Same here, a VP9c or better yet VP45c (yeah, I know I'm dreaming), I'm all over it, VP9SK, likely pass.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I would be all over a vp9sk....would probably buy it as soon as I saw one hit the shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Like Estesmonkey said, I don't see the point, especially with the P30sk available.
What we really need is the VP45.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like Estesmonkey said, I don't see the point, especially with the P30sk available.
What we really need is the VP45.
To each his or her own. If you don't want a striker fired sk, no worries. Nobody is forcing one down your throat. For those of us who would like a VP9sk, I don't understand the drama. Nobody is asking for the P30sk to be taken away from you any more than someone is saying that the USP-series should be discontinued.

In the immortal words of Rodney King, "can we all get along"????

:1:

·
Registered
271 Posts
VP9 compact SINGLE STACK!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think a VP9c single stack would be great. Also agree that a Block 19 sized gun would be ideal. It seems like they prefer to "bridge the gap" between block 26 and block 19 sized guns, a la the P2000sk and p30sk, rather than compete directly in the exact block sizes?

Anyway, also love the prospect of a VP45. That may be a good opportunity for them to go single stack...

·
Super Moderator
6,046 Posts
I honestly believe a single stack is out of the realm of possibility. I love the P7M8, as many do. IT's a perfect example of a single stack done right. They could do it again easily, but their formula is using existing magazines. So it will probably be fed off of an HK45 or 45c mag. But we'll see, maybe one day they'll surprise us.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
actually she said "could be in the works"

"a couple of different colors"
wow

also interesting that the MSRP was increased from $699 to $719

"we've put 90,000 rounds through a P30 without cleaning"
:/
90,000 rounds without cleaning?
90,000 rounds without a breakage, sure. 90,000 rounds without a failure, possible but not likely. 90,000 rounds without cleaning? Not sure about that one.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts