HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got off the phone with jeff s. in customer service at H&K jeff said i quote 100 p7m8's showed up at our doorstep today...that means about 331 total units that are marked "HK sidearms" were assembled without counting the 500 units that were signed by you know who...i have been collecting quite a few of the 231 units (now about 331) that were last assembled and have after countless hours of reserch and behind the confuser have compiled a non official database of the last 331 P7m8's and there serial numbers...
again!!! i was dissapointed because i have about 7% of the last 231 assembled now 331....i guess it could have been 700 or 800 and then i would really have been upset but i'am buying these "AH" codes only NIB as an investment and there is always going to be a slight risk...let me know what you think...ok...back on my john deere to go bushog...

thanks,
Gary

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
There may even be more yet. Till HK gets rid of all of the parts for the P7M8, out of their inventory. They will contionue to make them till all pieces are used. TJ

·
Registered
8,437 Posts
HK could have avoided this whole mess by putting a "minus" sign before these last 331 serial numbers, as in: -16-286551. That way they could claim these last 331 guns were actually "lower" in serial number than the "last 500" P7M8s. That explanation wouldn't be any more goofy than the official explanation of assembled parts guns.

·
Registered
886 Posts
We're not talking stamp collecting, or the precious metals market here. I wouldn't be buying pistols on speculation in the first place if it were me. Too risky IMHO. I own a P7M8 and a PSP because I enjoy shooting the pistols.That's the best reason to own one. A commemorative gun might be worth considering, but even that's a crap shoot.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Everyone whined and cried when they were to be discontinued, then they whine and cry again when more are made available.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Everyone whined and cried when they were to be discontinued, then they whine and cry again when more are made available.
+1. There are way too many guys out there who bought one thinking that it would make them there first million $ in a couple years. I feel sorry for the guys who paid out the ass for one. There were a few that went for $2k+!

·
Registered
968 Posts
People whined and cried when they were to be discontinued because those that were putting off a purchase could no longer wait AND had to pay a premium.

Believe it or not, some didn't buy as an investment, but because it was their "LAST" chance to buy one.

What's so difficult to believe about this?

HK USA just duped 500 customers, nothing more.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
People whined and cried when they were to be discontinued because those that were putting off a purchase could no longer wait AND had to pay a premium.

Believe it or not, some didn't buy as an investment, but because it was their "LAST" chance to buy one.

HK USA can't control what the "Mothership" is doing. There's no conspiracy here that I can see. The company is in business to make money and I hope they make a ton, and keep making guns.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

i agree, i just buy them because i like them and may make a dollar or 2 in the long run...heck...i just deropped 57,000.00 on john deere antique tractor so i guess this is a drop in the bucket...thanks for all your input..

Gary,
go green

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've wanted a P7M8 since I saw one back in 1988. I finally bought one about a month ago for $1100. It was made in 1996 and is headed back HK. Two weeks ago, I bought my second one made in 03 for only $875. It is in great shape. If more come in, and I continue to fall more and more in love with it, I might just get another.

·
Registered
295 Posts
875!!! that is crazy!

I wish i could find a deal for one like that. I currently have a PSP, but really want a M8, and i wish i could sell the PSP to fund the latter, but my girl bought me it and so therefore i can never sell it or i will not get any guns from her in the future. Guess i just have to save my pennies

·
Registered
76 Posts
i just got off the phone with jeff s. in customer service at H&K jeff said i quote 100 p7m8's showed up at our doorstep today...
I asked this question in another thread and didn't get any answer- Where do these go next? Do HK dealers see they're in inventory and simply order them? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
875!!! that is crazy!

I wish i could find a deal for one like that. I currently have a PSP, but really want a M8, and i wish i could sell the PSP to fund the latter, but my girl bought me it and so therefore i can never sell it or i will not get any guns from her in the future. Guess i just have to save my pennies
Right place, right time. I got lucky on this one. I know the previous owner, and he babies his guns.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts