HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the trigger reset shorter than on the regular USP?
I had a Usp 45 some years back and the trigger spring wasn't strong enough to kick my finger foward after the shot was fired. The gun would cycle and if I squeesed the trigger again I had nothing until I released the trigger enough to reset it. I figured a shorter reset may help.
Second what kind of groups at say 25 ft. are you getting. Does that green o ring make the gun as accurate as a 1911 with a match barrel bushing?
Thanks in advance for the advice.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It does have a short reset to the trigger, pretty comparable to a Glock trigger (if used properly).

On my first outing with the pistol I was able to pull a best of 2" grouping of 10 shots at 50 feet with one flyer. I believe with more time the group should get a little tighter.

The o-ring does provide a very tight lockup, and does feel like a well fitted barrel.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I haven't measured it but the reset is relatively short. Maybe a bit longer than a Glock. However, when you couple it with the huge overtravel that exists on mine its no longer short reset. Also, the trigger return spring should NEVER kick your finger back. The trigger reset needs to be a conscious effort. The trigger should follow your finger back at whatever speed you move at, but it shouldn't kick it back. Theo-ring does offer a tighter lockup but indoubt that it will be the same as a match busting. Metal on metal is not the same as rubber on metal. My best 5 shot group at 30 feet fit under a quarter, but I think that was more because of proper planetary alignment than my own skill.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm waiting on the Match Trigger that will hopefully be available soon. I think based on my regular USP 45 and Tactical USP 45 it will be a great improvement.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Zat,

Zat is wise. I agree, and sometimes we just shoot lights out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts