HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to rifles but I just got my black USC and it is a beauty! I have an EOTech 512 I want to mount on it but I'm not sure how to correctly configure it. I've searched and it appears the EOtech will not co witness with the iron sites...so does that mean that the red dot will not be aiming exactly right? If that is the case, what kind of adjustments do I need to make in order for the EOtech to be a completely accurate sight?

·
Banned
366 Posts
Just pretend the iron sights are NOT on the USC. Ignore them.

Just sight in the EOTech by itself. Once you get it dialed in, it will be accurate.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,885 Posts
RTFM! The instructions that came with your Eotech will show you how to adjust for up/down left/right (elevation and windage). They cannot know which weapon the sight will be attached to, so the final adjustments are yours. Enjoy!

·
2,831 Posts
all co-witness means is that you can still use/see the iron sights thru the Eotech, if you can not see the iron sights..the Eotech doesn't care.....just zero it and enjoy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Optic sights that were designed to co-witness with the iron sights of a weapon were made for combat units needing a backup system to the optic in case of damage or failure of the optic during a combat situation. Meaning if the optic failed, you could revert back to the iron sights and keep fighting.

·
Registered
172 Posts
You can't co-witness the Eotech 512 with your UMP hard sights, I have one on mine and the Eotech sticks up too high and blocks the hard sights.

You "sight in" the Eotech like any other scope you've ever used in your life. There are two screws on the side of the optic that you adjust to move the red circle just like on any other scope you've ever used. When you look through the Eotech sight you don't line it up with anything else (i.e. the front aiming pin), just use the circle and dot that's there to aim it.

Fire, adjust, fire, adjust, fire, fine-tune, fire * 22 :D, done.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Put it on with the bolt with the large, knurled head on it if you want to be able to remove it quickly in case of a malfunction. You can get it tight enough by hand that it won't move (at least I can) and you can remove the sight without any tools in the field if the need arises to use the irons. If you don't feel like looking it up, the clicks are 1/2 MOA each and the direction is labeled on the sight. You really should read the manual though. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I looked at a tiny little trijicon red dot sight today. Tiny. The battery is a watch battery, and the packaging said 2-3 years on the battery. Comes with it's own little plastic cover. 8 MOA dot, though. I bet it would cowitness.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've thought about buying one of the Aimpoint Micros for a UMP/USC. I don't know if it will cowitness. Anyone have thoughts? While I like the idea, that Aimpoint Mirco is rip-off expensive for a small red dot. It better be able to withstand an atomic blast for a $500+ red dot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts