HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not yet!

Cheap isn't a word I would use for the 5.7 round just yet. I wish, though. I am looking forward to that episode, though. It's a nice looking package for arty, armor and helo troops.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well I say when I say Battery it comes out "bat-tree". Never noticed that until I moved to a different state, sure enough I when back home, yup ... everybody says it that way.

And I say “incinerary” round too.. must have been that foreign military training... (yes I am being serious). What’s really funny, I spell the words right, but say them differently....

Alright major thread drift...

I love the Mp-7, I am really curious to see how that round can work for heli, tank and arti units, I guess in urban settings short range it would be adequate, but caught out anywhere, a round that light is simply not going to retain much energy past what, maybe 100 yards?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MP 7 also the top rapid fire weapon on Weaponology. I wonder why they both did not fire them full auto.

·
Registered
434 Posts
So the magazine goes in the pistol grip... what is stoping this product as being classified as a pistol and actually being available to the public.

I would love to know how the round does against something like the new Dragon skin armour. The greatest role for this weapon to me would apear to be for Executive Protection work. The ability to deploy the weapon withing a vehicle is HUGE. I could see this being a good choice for law enforcement as well. The ability to have reduced recoil yet a round that can defeat body armour and is so easily deployable. I am still concerned with the weapons leathal range. I remember all the hype with the FN round, but everyone soon discovered the round has a limited effective range. Within that range... ouch..

I really hope is catched on just to see HK continue to push new weapons technologies.

·
Registered
802 Posts
One because it's a military weapon and HK won't sell it to civilians. Two, it's got another pistol grip and a retractable stock which turns it into a AOW.

·
Registered
229 Posts
just remove the stock and foregrip now it's an assault pistol. no different than bush master's carbon 15 or a mac10, styer (whatever it is) it's all how creative hk wants to get. they could even leave all of the hard ware to install the stock and fore grip but make it need to be milled out for use so we could sbr it and have a civi mp7. but alas hk will not, even tough it is feasible

·
Registered
434 Posts
One because it's a military weapon and HK won't sell it to civilians. Two, it's got another pistol grip and a retractable stock which turns it into a AOW.
\\

One... yup thats all but a given right now

Two... thats what I was looking for.

Thanks Scooter!!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
OT on an annoyance of futureweapons...a whole blurb on the F-22 and ZERO mention of its thrust vectoring capabilities?

Back to it. It was nice to see some shooting of HK firearms, but Richard Mackowitz annoys the piss out of me. EVERYTHINg he fires just HAS to be the best ever...sorry buddy, but there are better things than what's in front of you. And we all get you were a 10 year Navy SeAL. Show me the weapon, blow something up, then move on.

·
Registered
823 Posts
saw it and burst out laughing at the comment "packs more punch than the M16 and AK".

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
OT on an annoyance of futureweapons...a whole blurb on the F-22 and ZERO mention of its thrust vectoring capabilities?

Back to it. It was nice to see some shooting of HK firearms, but Richard Mackowitz annoys the piss out of me. EVERYTHINg he fires just HAS to be the best ever...sorry buddy, but there are better things than what's in front of you. And we all get you were a 10 year Navy SeAL. Show me the weapon, blow something up, then move on.

Uhhhh, Yeah, he drives me crazy too. On the dragon armor episode did you notice his chicken wings while he was shooting the MP5SD? And he regularly says inaccurate (technically wrong) things. But hey, they regularly have cool stuff on there, to include our favorite weapon systems.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts