HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
One because it's a military weapon and HK won't sell it to civilians. Two, it's got another pistol grip and a retractable stock which turns it into a AOW.
+1. Three. This weapon has very little tactical use due to the over penetration!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Uhhhh, Yeah, he drives me crazy too. On the dragon armor episode did you notice his chicken wings while he was shooting the MP5SD? And he regularly says inaccurate (technically wrong) things. But hey, they regularly have cool stuff on there, to include our favorite weapon systems.
Yep, regardless of what qualifications this guy *may* have, he's a serious dork.:20000000:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Plus you wouldn't be able to afford to shoot it.

Just look at ammo prices for the FN 5.7 which runs about $40+ per 100.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I agree with you, I hope all seals arent dip****s like him. He annoys the piss out of me also. Atleast we have 2 somethings in common. HKs and *******s lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
I recorded it, finally got the chance to see it.
I really enjoyed the show, but kinda laughed under my breath on how much he hyped it as "the ultimate latest newest top best available"

and:
"More powerful than the M16 & AK47" :)

what other new WSHTF rifles can you think of that are more advanced or more combat evolved than the little 4.6mm PDW? Did anyone notice they never mensioned the MP5's ?

Anyone else think G36 or the 416 & 417 deserve the thrown?

·
Registered
630 Posts
I saw the program as well. About the host of that show, he maybe a Ex-Navy SEAL, but that doesn't mean he knows anything about weapons, he is memorizing a script that someone wrote for him to say. If you read his bio he was a martial arts instructor, which is what he is good at, not weapons.

Now why he is a host the show is obvious, it worked for the History Channel to have a Ex-Marine/Actor host a show, and it was a sucess, now they are trying to one up that by having a Ex-SEAL do a similar type of format. Doesn't matter if this Ex-SEAL doesn't know squat about what he is talking about, he's a Ex-SEAL, To a civilian watching that is all "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh".

Personally, if I had to go with a sub-compact weapon that fires a rifle round, it would have to be the AKS-74U. Simple, battle tested and very reliable :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thats a different show than the one I watched! And he said "Heckler and KOKE this time instead of "Kotch" like that show I saw!!

That one mentioned the MP5 too. Maybe the show I saw was Weaponology.

BTW, can't say you'd want a AK on this forum or they start deleting it ;) edit buttons over there--->

Have any of you bought the EA video game "Battlefield 2" and tryed out the MP7?

I agree, a semi auto version of the MP7 would outsell the UMP "White elephants"

·
Registered
60 Posts
I recorded it, finally got the chance to see it.
I really enjoyed the show, but kinda laughed under my breath on how much he hyped it as "the ultimate latest newest top best available"

and:
"More powerful than the M16 & AK47" :)

what other new WSHTF rifles can you think of that are more advanced or more combat evolved than the little 4.6mm PDW? Did anyone notice they never mensioned the MP5's ?

Anyone else think G36 or the 416 & 417 deserve the thrown?
Sure you don't want to usurp the "Throne" instead?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've been involved as a consultant to a couple of local TV and movie production houses and the stupidity is infinite when it comes to weapons and a producer's "vision".

What works in real life is often times not sexy enough so you get things like C-More's on risers on PDW's, and swiss army guns with lights, lasers, disco balls and smoke machines mounted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been involved as a consultant to a couple of local TV and movie production houses and the stupidity is infinite when it comes to weapons and a producer's "vision".

What works in real life is often times not sexy enough so you get things like C-More's on risers on PDW's, and swiss army guns with lights, lasers, disco balls and smoke machines mounted.
That's what you called the Hollywood version of Gun control!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would love to know how the round does against something like the new Dragon skin armour. The greatest role for this weapon to me would apear to be for Executive Protection work. The ability to deploy the weapon withing a vehicle is HUGE. I could see this being a good choice for law enforcement as well. The ability to have reduced recoil yet a round that can defeat body armour and is so easily deployable. I am still concerned with the weapons leathal range. I remember all the hype with the FN round, but everyone soon discovered the round has a limited effective range. Within that range... ouch..
The MP7 has similar limitations as the 5.7 and other PDW rounds suffer, they deliver slightly less then carbine performance. If the armor will stop 5.56 or 7.62x39 it will stop the comparable PDW round.

The 5.7 will go through Level IIIA but some companies are marketing Level IIIB that will stop the 5.7, a 3" 12ga Slug, and a few other specialty rounds. But Level III will stop all the major FMJ carbine and rifle rounds. But the energy from the round can still kill you.

Anyways for am informative read of what each NIJ level will stop see this page:
http://www.pinnaclearmor.com/body-armor/ballistic-chart.php

Dragonskin is full level IV, while Interceptor without the plate is slightly less then level IIIA (the DOD uses a specific level that will stop their selected 9mm round), with the plates level IV.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts