HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an extended selector (ESSL) for my 4 position MP5.

Is there any source besides the $140 that HKParts wants?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I got the chance to play with one today.... Now it's a must-have.

That $140 is just tough to swallow for a selctor.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Yeah, I got the chance to play with one today.... Now it's a must-have.

That $140 is just tough to swallow for a selctor.
They are costly because HK makes so few of them. It took nearly 20 years of asking to get the Germans to address the issue with HK S/S levers being too short for many to move from safe to fire modes without having to first rotate the grip of the firing hand. They always claimed the S/S lever were short by design so one could not accidentally move the lever from safe by accident. While that might fly in Europe it does not in the US with experienced shooters. HK added it to the MSG90 ironically and then for the MP5's and other "Navy" style trigger groups for the US Secret Service MP5 submission. There are four different models of left side ESSL's with axels that are specific to the firing modes (SF, 012/013, NT, 2RB/3RB). That may not make the $140 easier to swallow but the fewer one makes the higher the unit cost due to the up front cost of the tooling.

G3Kurz

·
Registered
46 Posts
I believe the 4 pos selector will work with either the 2 rd burst or 3rd burst option although I've only ran my in a 4pos 3rd pack. The counting wheel is seperate from the selector in the pack making no difference between the 2rd/3rd pack....

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
The ESSL described is a four position lever that would work in an ambi trigger group with safe, semi, 2 or 3 rd burst and full auto modes.

G3Kurz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts