HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is the rite spot for this.

I'm looking for a manufacture who can make kydex mag pouches for the 40S&w and 10mm magazines, I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in some if i did find a manufacture who would make them. Or if someone here does custom kydex work and is willing to take on the challenge. I'd try to do it myself but Im being deployed to Southwest Asia in 2 months and don't need more tools for the movers to pack up. I have already contacted Raven with the idea and am waiting for a response.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Raven all the way!

They'd make one for a can of beer if you wanted. Pictures when this all goes down please!

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now thats an idea! Do you think they could do an appendix carry rig for a flask?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dale Fricke... That way you won't have to wait 5 months for your mag pouch. Send him the mag, and he'll get it back to you most Ricky-tick.

·
Vendor
2,157 Posts
I have not used kydex holsters much, but wouldnt the rib that sits below the magwell flare the kydex out far enough that having it put pressure on the rest of the mag may be reduced? Would it be past the point of effective retention?

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking that the kydex would extend past the ridge and flare out at the opening using the ridge for retention. I think as long as the feedlips and just behind them are tight against the mag it will be fine. But theres only one way to find out.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Just curious ,Where do you intend to wear your holster and how many mags are you goIng to carry ? If u want really quick results then YouTube kydex holster making and give it a shot . It's surprisingly easy and you don't really need tools . Just a toaster oven or oven and a drill if your going to use Chicago screws or pop rivet kit / eyelet kit . You don't need a fancy press , I used a large wood cutting board and some old wetsuit material or eggcrate foam and just press it by hand till it cools
To make a full kydex holster you would just take one whole sheet , heat it up and fold it over your mags and let cool then trim and attach your belt clips .
Or if you go hybrid with a leather backing then try a crafts store like hobby lobby (Texas ). I buy bags of scrap leather for like 6 dollars .
This place has the hardware I used
Leathercraft and Leather Craft Supplies - Tandy Leather Factory
Not trying to Turn you off for any mentioned company but if your kinda handy and have Internet access you might be surprised how easy it is . My edc carry holster is homade and I got to tune it to my liking and made 3 holsters for the price of one kholster holster and they are cheap !
Sorry I can't help with who would make one for you but kydex is kinda fun to work with and it's cheap online
Good luck and post pics if u get one ! I'm building my .40 soon and may join you

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info, I was thinking about making it myself but I thought I'd try to get a price first. I was planing on a belt carry but the more I think about it I think a thigh rig would be better. If I got a Serpa platform and made a triple mag pouch I think it would turn out pretty awesome.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, Raven is out. They say it will be 16 to 18 weeks before it will be done which means I'll be in the sandbox and won't be able to receive the package. Too bad because I love their gear. Does anyone know someone who can do it. If not I guess I'll have to buy the equipment and do it myself before I leave.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I wish I counld just find some .40/10 mags.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, Raven is out. They say it will be 16 to 18 weeks before it will be done which means I'll be in the sandbox and won't be able to receive the package. Too bad because I love their gear. Does anyone know someone who can do it. If not I guess I'll have to buy the equipment and do it myself before I leave.
Contact Dale Fricke... www.dalefrickeholsters.com; he does custom work, and his quality and CS is second to none. You could practically stuff your DF product full of c-4 and blow it up, and he will replace it for you. Quick turn around, too. I would bet you will have your package in 2-3 weeks, after he gets your mag.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts